“Good Christmas Meal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cove

The Cove
Price range: US$25 - US$31
Cuisines: British, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Swindon
“Good Christmas Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

We went as a group (11) from work for our Christmas Meal and everyone enjoyed the food. Although no vegetarian option on the Xmas menu we called prior to the day and this was easily resolved with suitable dishes put in place.
The choice was varied on all 3 courses.
The restaurant is in a good location with views over the channel (if you go during daylight) and a pleasant stroll along the prom to get there.
The food was well cooked and tasty. Everyone's dishes on each courses came together except for 1 starter which is pretty good going.
The staff were friendly, helpful and unobtrusive.
The toilets were clean if in need of a bit of redecoration in places.
The only downside is the price of drinks, this is not just The Cove but all restaurants charge silly prices for drinks.
Would happily recommend a meal here.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
weston49, Owner at The Cove, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you very much for your comments . I am a little dismayed that you thought our drinks were expensive , our prices are inline with the two closest pubs to us £3.60 for a pint of San Miguel and many of our wines under £20 per bottle

Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
“The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

What a disappointment!!! Having visited The Cove on numerous occasions and always had fantastic meals, Im afraid this time was a let down and spoilt the day!
The Good...No vegetarian options on bistro menu, but the chef made me a fabulous starter with Halluomi cheese and aubergines. The Bad..........I have previously had a lovely lentil burger, which was so tasty I decided to have it again this time, It was inedible!!!!! The yellow lentils were near on raw with a artificial taste of curry powder, my jaw was aching trying to eat it! The Ugly..... The "triple" cooked chips were anemic which allowed me to see the green, black potatoes which were used to make them!
My mum offered me some of her vegetables which had come in a dish with her roast, on dishing the veg onto my plate I saw the cauliflower was black underneath the cheese sauce!
Definately NOT the quality you expect from a Michelin Star restaurant! It is not acceptable to serve food of this standard. The quality needs to on par all the time not just on some of the meals! We did complain and the waitress was very professional, but I feel it was not down to her to sort this out, either the manager of the chef should of addressed this problem!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“great views and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Whenever I visit weston i suually try to include a trip to the Cove. It has lovely views, feels fresh and light and I've never been let donw by the service or the food. My most recent visit (Sat 9th Nov 2013) was no exception.
I visited for lunch with three other friends. A choice of a fixed price 3 course lunch or you could order from the lunch menu. Good selection of choice for both - although perhaps with more of an emphasis on seafood. Some inetersting variations of burgers ... chicken and ham hock or spicy lentil were enjoyed by my friends. I had mussels in white wine which was tasty and a good size portion. The triple cooked fiored accvompanying our meal were great.
The servivce was very attentive and friendly and never felt rushed - a pleasant, relaxing way to spend lunch

• Visited November 2013
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Family Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Arranged a family Sunday lunch to meet with my elder daughter, her partner and his daughter aged 6. She chose a children's roast beef and thoroughly enjoyed it leaving precious little. For the adults it was a mix of roast dinners and fish. All cooked and served to a very high standard with attentive but unobtrusive waitresses.

With excellent starters and deserts to compliment it was worth the journeys from Worcester and Swindon to meet.

Unfortunately the weather was poor but that is something the restaurant cannot influence.

Visited October 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great family meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Situated at the far end of Weston, overlooking Maderia Cove. Although there was seating outside we sat in for a family celebratory dinner. We chose from the 3 course dinner menu for £19.95. There was plenty of choice of meat and fish, including vegetarian. Portion size was just right. The chef was also able to offer a variation. Food was clearly cooked to order. Wine was from £16 a bottle.

Service was great, as was the atmosphere. Will certainly visit again.

• Visited October 2013