“Excellent meals and we would definitely visit again”
Review of Lle Hari

Lle Hari
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Llanrwst
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: American, British, Welsh
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Windermere, United Kingdom
“Excellent meals and we would definitely visit again”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Whilst in Llanrwst I visited Lle Hari twice, once on my own and the second time with my wife. Both times the meal was excellent, spoilt for choice, a lovely atmosphere - stylish imaginative decor, but nice and relaxed feel. Nelson and the staff were very friendly. On my first visit it seemed to be quiet night, the second visit with my wife it was a lot busier, both times I noticed quiet a few locals, always a good sign. Overall excellent meals and we would definitely visit again when in the area, we did try to stay at the adjoining Meadowsweet Hotel but it was booked up, no surprise really, as it looked to be up to the same high standard. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank iCycle-MTB

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Good food and service”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our food and the service was good. The decor wasn't to my taste - more suited to a stately home. However that didn't put us off our food and would be happy to go again when in the area.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank LMK63
Halesowen
“Good food”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a good place to enjoy a fine meal with good company. Not too big so as you can be overlooked by the attentive staff but equally not too small so that you are dining alone. Good accommodation and decor. The food is wonderful, well cooked using quality ingredients.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank retired048
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We visited on the same evening as the review below and can't believe our opinion is so different. We were greeted by the owner who was friendly and brought over our drinks. When our order was ready, we were shown into the restaurant. We both ordered Welsh lamb burgers which were homemade and very tasty. The homemade desserts were absolutely delicious.
When we had finished our meal, my husband said it was the best meal he'd had in ages. We would definitely recommend it.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Andy624
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Avoid”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I do not say this lightly... If you are the sort of person who looks at reviews before deciding where to have dinner then you are the sort of person who wants to avoid wasting your time and money eating at lle hari. You would have a better meal by far from the Tesco Finest Range. And anything from Waitrose or M & S is far far superior than anything you get here and cheaper. Honestly.

The evening started well. We were offered drinks in the bar area which was pleasant even though the bartender seemed very tired of life. But then we went through to the chintz in the dining room with the unusual backing music of miley cyrus and events nose dived.

This place prides itself in fresh, local produce... Well my reheated frozen fishcake starter had not been fresh for some time and was more catering pack than home made. And the salad bag garnish and shop bought sauce required no culinary ability to assembly. My husband had trout, in a gloopy white sauce and reheated frozen roast potatoes ... I'd say Aunt Bessie's but those little rock hard offerings would have been an insult to the brand name! We could have got a tastier meal off the shelves in Tesco and I object to paying someone to reheat frozen food so blatantly.

We had finished our initial drinks shortly after the starters arrived and the waiting staff walked past our table no less than 12 times without so much as a sideways glance at us, never mind to see if we wanted more drinks. When the mains were delivered I ask what wines they sold by the glass. "yes small or large?" was the response. Confused I replied "large". "ok" said the waitress and turned to go. "no,I meant ... What type of wine do you serve by the glass" I said to her.
"I dunno," she replied," you'll have to look at the wine list."
She brought over the wine list, I choose a wine and 15 minutes later, after we had finished our mains, a bottle of wine appeared. "I'm sorry, I only wanted a glass." I informed the barman. To be honest I was ready to leave by then ....

• Visited April 2014