All reviewspancakeslle harinorth walesdeluxe roomhair straightenerslovely hotelfull englishmaple syrupmain roadlight sleeperbetws y coedfamily roomshort drivestayed longerthe young ladybed was very comfortablebooked this hotel
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Our son and his new wife stayed in this small hotel and had their small family wedding meal meal there. The staff were professional and friendly. Environment intimate yet with a roomy table setting.. Would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2013

First stayed in the standard room, which is not really up to scratch. Tired interior, view on the backstreets of Llanrwst. For last two days upgraded to the four poster bedrooms. Much, much nicer! Back garden is a depressing yard, that's all. No garden. Views from front are wonderful.
Hotel is straight on the main road, busy.
Restaurant is very good and the staff are very welcoming and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't book the standard room. Location of the hotel matters less outside summer months.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This review restricts itself to Lle Hari (Harry's place) restaurant alone.

We phoned for a table reservation last minute and were given a warm and welcoming reply and shortly afterwards turned up . The bar and restaurant were quiet , as you would accept on a hot Monday evening in Snowdonia. We were immediately attended to and service throughout was attentive without being intrusive , just what we like
My wife and I treated ourselves to a full three course meal which we both thoroughly enjoyed, I devoured my pâté which came with a wonderful relish and also managed to sneak a piece of my wife's delicious chicken tandoori strips.
On to main course and a delightful pork tenderloin stuffed with black pudding and wrapped in bacon was soon demolished, my wife enjoyed her piri piri pork although I personally do not enjoy anything piri piri .
I tend to judge a chef by their ability to turn out a creme brûlée and the sizeable portion afforded was an absolute delight, I was almost jealous of my wife's selection but was too busy relishing my choice of sticky toffee pudding
Overall I found the service was good and the food better than good and I have no hesitation in recommending the meadowsweet as an excellent restaurant if your looking to tingle your taste buds in a welcoming environment .
Doesn't quite get the five stars , this is not a complaint but I do reserve five stars for somewhere I consider as exceptional, this I classed as very very good

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WelshDragon93
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Hotel has parking, and is within walking distance to the local shops (and a picturesque stone bridge and tea house). Service is friendly, and the person at the reception was more than happy to recommend some good local eats if the hotel restaurant isn't to our tastes.

Rooms were comfortable, bright, and airy, if a little dated. The shower area was basically a tiled area in the bathroom. Nonetheless, it is a good hotel for a short stay, and the breakfasts are good.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the meadow overlook the main road, so may be noisier at times.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank map_maestro
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed for two nights at the meadowsweet after checking tripadvisor we were not disappointed
The staff , actually one of the owners couldn't do enough for us to make our stay really enjoyable.
The dinner menu was delicious and belly busting. The location was great with quiet walks by the river

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor good views but a bit of a hike with suitcases no lift
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple