All reviewspancakeslle harinorth walesdeluxe roomhair straightenerslovely hotelfull englishmaple syrupmain roadlight sleeperbetws y coedfamily roomshort drivestayed longerthe young ladybed was very comfortablebooked this hotel
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband booked this hotel as a birthday treat for me and some friends, after seeing the good reports on your website. What a let down, Faulty Towers eat your heat out. Overpriced + shambolic. The Premier room was shaby, the carpet stained, the mattress did not fit the Fourposter bed. Our friends waited 2 days for soap, the room had a hole in the wall.
The very young and untrained staff were very pleasant but this was outweighed by a rather dour and unfriendly boss (Nelson?). He showed zero interest in his guests, never speaking to us.
Food, all meals, was a disgrace, Only go there if you like everthing deepfried and do not mind if they run out of bread. You only get 3 pieces for 4 persons and the soup without a roll.
A very sad and overpriced experience.
Last but not least, do not be fooled by the website, the hotel is not in a meadow but has the main road to Conway in front.

Room Tip: dont go there
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Eve J
Meadowsweet4, Owner at The Meadowsweet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear Mrs. Jervis,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us, and to Trip Advisor, with a critique of our restaurant and hotel. In our short time here we have been rewarded with a variety of warm wishes and compliments. We also value just as highly those opinions and reviews that are less than enthusiastic. We have certainly shared your letter with all of our staff in an ongoing effort to make every stay here a rewarding experience. Additionally, I sincerely apologize if you feel your birthday was not a happy one.

Nelson Haerr

Reviewed 23 July 2013

This family run hotel in the Conwy valley provided a most excellent service throughout our wedding, from providing accommodation for our guests, beautiful quality food, perfect location and such friendly, helpful staff. The managers suggested locating our reception in their field opposite the hotel, where they also have a holiday cottage. They provided gazebos' to shelter us any weather, which as it turned out, provided shade from the sun that we were blessed with. The children were able to run around and let off steam safely whilst adults enjoyed the refreshments, which were plentiful. This venue comes highly recommended to both visitors and prospective engagements such as ours. The family facilitate with care to detail and you personally.
Perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Our son and his new wife stayed in this small hotel and had their small family wedding meal meal there. The staff were professional and friendly. Environment intimate yet with a roomy table setting.. Would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2013

First stayed in the standard room, which is not really up to scratch. Tired interior, view on the backstreets of Llanrwst. For last two days upgraded to the four poster bedrooms. Much, much nicer! Back garden is a depressing yard, that's all. No garden. Views from front are wonderful.
Hotel is straight on the main road, busy.
Restaurant is very good and the staff are very welcoming and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't book the standard room. Location of the hotel matters less outside summer months.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This review restricts itself to Lle Hari (Harry's place) restaurant alone.

We phoned for a table reservation last minute and were given a warm and welcoming reply and shortly afterwards turned up . The bar and restaurant were quiet , as you would accept on a hot Monday evening in Snowdonia. We were immediately attended to and service throughout was attentive without being intrusive , just what we like
My wife and I treated ourselves to a full three course meal which we both thoroughly enjoyed, I devoured my pâté which came with a wonderful relish and also managed to sneak a piece of my wife's delicious chicken tandoori strips.
On to main course and a delightful pork tenderloin stuffed with black pudding and wrapped in bacon was soon demolished, my wife enjoyed her piri piri pork although I personally do not enjoy anything piri piri .
I tend to judge a chef by their ability to turn out a creme brûlée and the sizeable portion afforded was an absolute delight, I was almost jealous of my wife's selection but was too busy relishing my choice of sticky toffee pudding
Overall I found the service was good and the food better than good and I have no hesitation in recommending the meadowsweet as an excellent restaurant if your looking to tingle your taste buds in a welcoming environment .
Doesn't quite get the five stars , this is not a complaint but I do reserve five stars for somewhere I consider as exceptional, this I classed as very very good

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple