“Great hotel, fantastic people, beutiful setting”

The Meadowsweet Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Llanrwst
Derby, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, fantastic people, beutiful setting”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The Meadowsweet is a great place to base yourself if passing through or spending holidays there, the decor is boutique style and the owners are very accommodating with a great bar and menu to boot. The food and ambiance is class leading, and of course the geographical setting makes it the perfect place for almost any get away. I have stayed many times and always enjoyed the experience. I travel extensively with my work and this has a real homely feel, where everything is just right from breakfast through to dinner, and trust me that is something you don’t find in many places.

Room Tip: Great views from the front of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dan W
Meadowsweet4, Owner at The Meadowsweet Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review. It's truly appreciated especially coming from someone who travels extensively.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

A warm welcome as storms descended on the beautiful Conwy valley. Drinks around a roaring fire followed by a lovely pork and black pudding set me up for a chat with Nelson and a few locals. The room was spacious and welcoming with all the comforts needed. A Harry breakfast completed a lovely stay. Then off to brave the storms.

Room Tip: Only I used one room on second floor, no lift so stairs are an issue if you have a dodgy knee
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to record your thoughts. The evenings conversation was as enjoyable as your review warm and appreciated. We thank you very much and look forward to your return should work/travels bring you back to North Wales.
Staffordshire
Reviewed 10 November 2013

One word sums up our stay at this hotel, and that is excellent. Both my sister and I had a two night stay here in October in the twin room, which was quite spacious and clean, with a good sized en suite too. On both nights we dined in the restaurant and we were well impressed with the choice of dishes on their menu. All the food was cooked to perfection and tasted delicious, and the ice cream (made locally) was to die for. It was a shame that we were unable to stay for any longer so that we could sample more of their dishes. If there is a down side, it would be the size of the car park, although we had no problem in getting a spot on the car park, I would imagine it could get very busy in the height of the season.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank shuffty
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for 2 nights on 15th & 16th October for a mid week getaway, and cannot fault the hotel or location. We upgraded to a Deluxe double which was on the top floor overlooking the meadows, the room was clean, tidy, well equipped and lovely and comfortable.

We ate at the hotel restaurant on the first night, and the food was delicious. The complimentary Welsh breakfast in the morning was also great! Nelson the owner is a brilliant host, with excellent local knowledge.

Definitely recommend the Meadowsweet hotel if your looking to enjoy. Snowdonia & North Wales.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan B
Edinburgh
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed at the Meadowsweet from the 26th to 29th September. Have to say my wife and I really enjoyed this small but more than adequate hotel. Food was good, bar and restaurant were lovely, the bedroom we had was nice and cosy and to cap it off the staff were excellent as well. If I could find a fault - not that I was looking for or wanted faults - it would be that the en-suite in our bedroom was very dated and in need of modernisation. A yellow 1970's suite with dated tiling that need re-grouting and sealing left a tad to be desired - but overall this in no way spoiled our experience of this hotel and I would fully recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the area.
The town itself is close enough to attractions - obviously you would need a car - and makes a great base for exploring north Wales.
Big thank you to the owners and staff of the Meadowsweet for a lovely weekend - will without doubt return if we are ever back in North Wales.

Room Tip: Book one of the four poster rooms and if possible to the front of the building - but nothing wrong w...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HappyJambo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Absolutely super place to stay with great staff, lovely rooms (we stayed in a deluxe double with a four poster bed overlooking the meadows with the ponies and cattle) and just the I have stayed all over the world and some of the best Welsh lamb and sirloin steak I have eaten was here. Goodness knows who the chef is but they deserve more praise and credit. Proper dauphinoise potatoes, hand cut chips, vegetables cooked properly and the meat is amazing. Even if you don't stay, go and eat there. A real place with real people and real food. Plus Nelson is a bona fide unique host - don't take my word for it, go and see how great he and his staff really are. And try the pancakes for breakfast, I didn't but my husband did and its about the only time I've seen him be quiet in a while....!

Room Tip: I'd go for a room with a view of the horses but then I'm a horsey gal! Great view of the hil...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had the most wonderful experience at The Meadowsweet Hotel this past July! Our room was very clean and we were provided many of the essentials- robe, slippers, hair dryer, tea and biscuits. The staff was very accommodating and polite. The food in their adjoining restaurant and bar was delicious. We will definitely return to stay at The Meadowsweet!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julie S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanrwst
The Eagles Hotel
#3 of 3 in Llanrwst
Swallow Falls Hotel
Swallow Falls Hotel
#6 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed

Been to The Meadowsweet Hotel? Share your experiences!