All reviews pancakes lle hari north wales deluxe room hair straighteners lovely hotel both nights full english maple syrup light sleeper betws y coed family room booked this hotel stayed longer the young lady short drive comfy bed
Reviewed 10 February 2014

After battling through the constant rainstorm that is North Wales at this time of year, we were so happy to walk into a warm, cosy and welcoming hotel. The receptionist was lovely and our deluxe room was beautifully made up and already had the radiator turned up full. We booked dinner late so ended up having to eat in the bar that evening rather than the restaurant but actually, I'm very glad we did! We had excellent service because we were right next to the barman (who I believe was also the owner). It was also quieter and when we finished we were able to move into armchairs closer to the fireplace with our wine. Exactly what we needed in the weather conditions. Lovely! The food was amazing and well worth the good cost.
The bed was very comfy and the window looked out over the field of horses. 2 small negative points - Don't flush the toilet at the same time as the person in the en-suite next to yours because it won't work. And also we had a large gap in our window frame which let in some draft and noise but was nothing that stuffing a flannel through the gap couldn't fix :)
The hotel is in a great location, we went down to Blaenau Ffestiniog and up to Conwy Castle in one day - it's all much closer than it looks and everything is so beautiful. Even when driving, I found it hard to keep my eyes on the road and not get distracted by the waterfalls and mountains. I'd definitely stay again and pretty sure I can say the same for my boyfriend!

Room tip: The free wine and free posh hand cream in the Deluxe Rooms makes up the extra money you spend on it even without adding the beauty of the room to it! Definitely book one if you can.
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah V
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The hubby and I stayed here for two nights last week to celebrate my birthday. The weather was unfortunately shocking but the hotel was pretty much faultless. We booked on a KGB deal and ungraded to a deluxe room which was really lovely...warm, comfortable, quiet and beautifully decorated with a great view. The only downside would be that the loo didn't flush too well but this aside it was perfect.
Breakfast on both mornings was of a very high standard. We had a drink in the bar and dined on our second evening there and the food and service were both excellent and the menu very reasonable. To top it off they very kindly posted my make up bag which I left in the room on departure and would not accept any payment for postage costs! Exceptional service!

Room tip: Room 8 is really lovely and worth the upgrade.
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank L0ubiel0u72
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The Meadowsweet is a great place to base yourself if passing through or spending holidays there, the decor is boutique style and the owners are very accommodating with a great bar and menu to boot. The food and ambiance is class leading, and of course the geographical setting makes it the perfect place for almost any get away. I have stayed many times and always enjoyed the experience. I travel extensively with my work and this has a real homely feel, where everything is just right from breakfast through to dinner, and trust me that is something you don’t find in many places.

Room tip: Great views from the front of the hotel
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Dan W
Meadowsweet4, Owner at The Meadowsweet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you so much for your recent review. It's truly appreciated especially coming from someone who travels extensively.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

A warm welcome as storms descended on the beautiful Conwy valley. Drinks around a roaring fire followed by a lovely pork and black pudding set me up for a chat with Nelson and a few locals. The room was spacious and welcoming with all the comforts needed. A Harry breakfast completed a lovely stay. Then off to brave the storms.

Room tip: Only I used one room on second floor, no lift so stairs are an issue if you have a dodgy knee
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to record your thoughts. The evenings conversation was as enjoyable as your review warm and appreciated. We thank you very much and look forward to your return should work/travels bring you back to North Wales.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

One word sums up our stay at this hotel, and that is excellent. Both my sister and I had a two night stay here in October in the twin room, which was quite spacious and clean, with a good sized en suite too. On both nights we dined in the restaurant and we were well impressed with the choice of dishes on their menu. All the food was cooked to perfection and tasted delicious, and the ice cream (made locally) was to die for. It was a shame that we were unable to stay for any longer so that we could sample more of their dishes. If there is a down side, it would be the size of the car park, although we had no problem in getting a spot on the car park, I would imagine it could get very busy in the height of the season.

Date of stay: October 2013