Hotels.com
Trip.com
StayForLong
Travelocity
eDreams
All reviews lle hari north wales lovely view local attractions lovely place feel very welcome stayed here for one night nelson snowdonia field toiletries countryside
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We had a great weekend here, we were a group of 19 and took up every room, Nelson could not of been more accommodating, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this and will definitely use this place when we are next in the area.
Thanks Nelson

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank simonsH3910CM
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Firstly the restuarant and bar were shut during or 3 night stay, yet it was advertised by booking .com . It was one of the main reasons I chose this hotel.
Secondly our room number 7 was damp and mouldy, very dirty, it had ingrained dirt in the carpet. The bathroom was so small the sink was in the bedroom. The window was small and the room cluttered, it was dark small and depressing, it felt like a prison cell.
The wi fi was almost non existent.
I wanted to get some milk at it had not been replenished at the reception, and found no one was available as advertised a so called 24 hour service.
I discovered that the cleaning staff consisted of one person who had to look after 8 rooms in one hour, no wonder it had never seen a hoover.
They charged the same price for the deluxe room as the standard, we were charged the deluxe rate for a standard room. If anyone books check the room you have been given.
I could go on but you must get the idea.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Meadowsweet_Hotel, Owner at The Meadowsweet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

I always appreciate reviews, whether good or bad, as it helps our business improve the guest experience however this specific review had a lower purpose in mind.
blackmail definition:
noun
the action, treated as a criminal offence, of demanding money from someone in return for not revealing compromising information which one has about them.
synonyms: extortion, demanding money with menaces, exaction, intimidation

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We have just stayed one night at the Meadowsweet hotel, myself my husband and our son. We stayed in room 6.
The hotel is fab so quirky, when arrived we were greeted by the owner who was very friendly, the room was really clean, decor funky and equipped with everything we needed for our stay, fresh towels, tea, coffee and a tv.
Had a great night sleep after dinner at the Eagles hotel. Breakfast at the hotel was amazing all freshly cooked to order, full English, omelette, pancakes, cereals, fruit etc.
I would recommend the hotel and would definitely return, very close to Zipworld and in the heart of the beautiful Snowdonia national park.
We booked direct and received a free breakfast!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Piggymonster
Meadowsweet_Hotel, Owner at The Meadowsweet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Wow!
Thank you so much and I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay. Contracts are in the works so with luck we'll even have a great little restaurant/bar back in business as well.
Hope to see you again,
Nelson

Reviewed 24 October 2017

The room was disappointing, too much furniture, too dark, cramped en suite, mould in the shower and the hot water takes forever to come through, wash basin in the room itself. The hotel was virtually empty, only one other room taken, so we were upset that they had not put us in one of the bigger rooms. Shame that we had no view either, the tiny window was virtually covered by a huge mirror on the dressing table. Tv table right up against wardrobe making it impossible to open it properly. Had phoned to book a table in the restaurant before we went, however, when we arrived it transpired that there was no chef so restaurant closed, thought out of courtesy they would have notified me as they had my email address and phone number, but no apologies offered. The bar was never open and as there is very little in llanwryst itself ,had to drive to Betws y coed every night to eat. Comfy bed and lovely breakfast but not impressed with the rest. Since returning have read a very similar review about the place and the owner wrote a quite off hand reply so I'm not expecting anything less.Definitely won't be back and wouldn't recommend.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bcq54
Meadowsweet_Hotel, Owner at The Meadowsweet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank you for your constructive criticism. I will certainly improve that which I can control and deeply regret those circumstances which I can not. I agree with you 100% that our little town would really benefit from more restaurants to choose from in the evening and am glad you found Betws y Coed available. You seemed like a very nice couple and I enjoyed my time serving you, ...sadly disappointing you was never my intention. Thank you again for choosing us and taking the take to share your concerns.
Kindest regards,
Nelson Haerr

Reviewed 16 October 2017

The room was large and spacious and the bed very comfy. The ensuite bathroom was very small and we could hear plumbing noise from other rooms. A good location if visiting LLanrwst. Breakfast was really good. A nice touch was that there were hair straighteners in the room as well as a hair dryer.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple