“lovely place”

Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Lovely setting by the river. Had lunch here food was good, the staff were friendly and very helpful. Be prepared to share a table as this place gets busy but don't let that put you off. Well worth a visit will going again on my next visit

4  Thank hirros

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a favorite stop on our day trips for a pot of tea and slice of bara brith. Last visit we shared a table, and our bara brith because we could not eat it all. Be sure to look at the art gallery upstairs and check out the flood level markings.

4  Thank CLexM
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Wonderful building, friendly staff, and good food-what more can you ask? yes it is pricey but you have to pay for quality. I would class myself as a regular, and always recommend to friends.

4  Thank nickichip
Reviewed 2 June 2014

A perfect setting on the banks of the river Conwy, surrounded by lush green woodland the Tu Hwnt is a must to celebrate a great Welsh afternoon tea, the quality of the food is exceptional as you can see when you visit as getting a empty table at popular times is impossible, but with a little wait a table does become free. The staff are more than helpful and the warmth given is wonderful. I would recommend this to anyone visiting north Wales at anytime of year - a real must

4  Thank John J
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have been coming to this little house for years. It is one of the nicest teas you can get in North Wales - lovely staff, pretty china, solid homemade cakes and food. It can get busy on weekends and holidays - this is an old cottage with low beams and ceiling - so we prefer to visit in the morning and (if possible) workdays, to get the quiet time to look around and enjoy our fare. Very popular with older people and locals.

4  Thank Mimz68