“Beautiful setting for a cream tea takeaway”
Review of Tu Hwnt I'r Bont

Tu Hwnt I'r Bont
Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Llanrwst
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We went to the back door and ordered 2 cream teas to takeaway and one chocolate cake with juice. With in minutes our tray was full with 2 steaming mugs of tea and 2scones with jam and cream. Along with a large slice of chocolate cake and a glass of cold apple juice. The scones were very tasty however there was far to much squirty cream which really spoilt the quaint old tea room feel. The scones were also serve co thin flimsy plates when the chocolate cake was on a real tea plate (a shame). Again the chocolate cake had a large squirt of squirty cream on top. We removed most of the cream and ended up with a plate full. Having said all that it was a beautiful day and it was a joy to watch all the families picnicking on the river banks whilst playing in the river.

2  Thank Jackie E
There are newer reviews for Tu Hwnt I'r Bont

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We went here for lunch last Sunday, because we love the place, however, we found that it was very expensive 3 toasties, pot of tea for 2 and an apple juice £28+, it's as if they're trying to deter tourists. We won't visit again.

3  Thank Wynne O
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Lovely setting by the river. Had lunch here food was good, the staff were friendly and very helpful. Be prepared to share a table as this place gets busy but don't let that put you off. Well worth a visit will going again on my next visit

4  Thank hirros
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a favorite stop on our day trips for a pot of tea and slice of bara brith. Last visit we shared a table, and our bara brith because we could not eat it all. Be sure to look at the art gallery upstairs and check out the flood level markings.

4  Thank CLexM
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Wonderful building, friendly staff, and good food-what more can you ask? yes it is pricey but you have to pay for quality. I would class myself as a regular, and always recommend to friends.

4  Thank nickichip