“Beautiful setting”

Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Reviews had said a must. We arrived rather late 4.45pm. Ordered 2scone teas, 2 teas and coffee and walnut cake and a piece of coconut cake. The cakes were very dry and quite heavy but did have walnuts and buttercream. The building is charming and the river outside is quaint.

2  Thank MellWard

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Ate lunch here outside and our sandwiches were very good. Went back later in the day for tea and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had there special blend which was excellent. I also had the lemon drizzle cake which I highly recommend. I had a hard time choosing because all of the homemade cakes looked so good. We had tea inside the cottage and I loved how quaint it was. I highly recommend going inside the cottage because it will be something you won't forget. Everyone who worked here was also very nice and made us feel at home. Another group near us had the full afternoon tea and it looked delicious. There was a bounty of food. If you are in the area you should go at least for a pot of tea!

4  Thank PRRoberts
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Decided to have a coffee after taking the kids paddling in the river. Mum lives locally and warned me the coffee was bad but it was instant!!!
Would have at least expected filter coffee from such a well known tea room.

3  Thank nianoodlesmum2013
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Having planned a visit to Gwydir Castle, this charming tea shop was an ideally located place to stop for lunch. The menu was extremely reasonably priced - so much so that I was a little concerned that my order of fresh bap with Welsh black beef, horseradish and salad might fall short on quality. How wrong can you be! The enormous 'just baked' bap was filled to over-flowing with four equally enormous slices of the most succulent, lean beef I have ever tasted - little space left on the plate for the ramekin of horseradish and the neat helping of salad! My friends were equally delighted with their choice of salmon bap and Welsh rarebit. Absolutely no room left to take advantage of the tempting cakes .......... there's always another day for afternoon tea!

4  Thank JaneJo49
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My sister down for a few days and after me raving about here she wanted me to take her.
We had the No3 afternoon tea absolutely scrumptious as usual.
The selection of homemade cakes looked so tempting, wish I could of fitted one in.
I cant recomend the place enough, chocolate box picture perfect, vintage interior and fantastically friendly staff

4  Thank purdypuss3