“Had To Be Done”
Review of Y Bont Fawr

Y Bont Fawr
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Llanrwst
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Having driven past it many times, and "seeing it" on Social Media more times than I care to mention - it had to be visited!
UNFORTUNATELY... It IS a "Tea Room" - So... Not really for Coffee lovers.
I don't mind a good "instant" but my partner does prefer fresh!
Therefore - I had a mug of coffee and cream and my partner had ground coffee in cafetiere!
If you want anything more fancy, like cappuccino etc - then it's a "Don't bother" I'm afraid.
As for food prices... Better off at the Chippie!
It is what it is. A Tourist Trap! Expect to pay for it!
Staff it has to be said however were excellent and worth going back for!

All reviews
"tearoom"
"centuries"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Park up in the free car park at the library, 5 minutes walk away and then walk along the riverside to this delightful bridge. Watch the swallows and grey wagtails and also dippers from outside the old cafe on the far side of the bridge. A lovely way to spend an hour

1  Thank Taxwizzard
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is one of Llanrwst's main landmarks, an elegant bridge attributed to Inigo Jones. It's single track though and the height of the arch is such that it's quite an interesting drive - local custom is that first one to the top of the arch gets precedence. There are traffic lights but they are triggered by traffic on the main road and effectively useless. There's a more practical modern bridge further up the A470 at Tal-y-bont, but this one is quite an experience!

1  Thank Lis S
Reviewed 22 December 2013

My significant other had shown me pictures of this bridge and the ivy covered cottage next to it. I fell in love and said I HAD to see this when I got to Wales. It was more breathtaking in person! I can't wait to go back to take summer pictures of it.