“Waste of time”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Waste of time”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Called here tonight on the off chance, three of us, about 8.30 on a Sunday night, restaurant was half full, asked for a table for three, was told they had been really busy and could we come back in half an hour! Not yes have a few drinks and we'll take your order as soon as we can but actually sent us away to spend our money somewhere else! We walked round the corner and found a really friendly Indian restaurant where we were welcomed and had a fantastic meal. Your loss Amorn, you need a better front of house person because he is losing you money and custom. Won't bother again... Incidentally the Indian on the corner is fantastic
!

• Visited November 2013

Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Best Thai around”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The restuarant is about 20 minutes from where we live and is one of the best Thai restaurants I have ever been to. It changed hands about a year ago. The food is even better than it was before. The restaurant itself is beautifully set out and has a lovely ambience, even though it is small. The prices are about average. I would definitely recommend.

• Visited June 2013
Ferndale, Washington
“Tasty”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Simple atmosphere, small, but good service and food artfully flavored. Good service. Not open every day for dinner.

Visited September 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent thai food and attentive service”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We visited on spec on a Saturday evening and were extremely pleasantly suprised. The service was attentive and helpful and the food excellent- freshly cooked and very tasty. They also had a very nice bottle of NZ sauvignon on the wine list, so all good. Will definately visit again.

• Visited August 2013
Penmachno, United Kingdom
“Mediocre food and dreadful service”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Food was at best mediocre and service was appalingly slow. The bill was extremely slow coming (40 mins each for starter and main), with staff well practiced at avoiding eye contact. (Most other tables were also trying to attract the Waiter's attention at various points). When I eventually managed to pay (only by resorting to a trip to the bar), I was asked if everything was ok. "Frankly, the service was dreadful" I advised. The waiter (owner?) looked shocked but said nothing, so I added that my Wife's salad did not even have any Papaya in it (according to the menu it's a Thai classic). The Waiter seemed not to understand but the Chef overheard and marched over to laughingly wave a bok choy at me. I 'm not sure what this was about, but assume it was to tell me what the white stuff that wasn't the advertised papaya really was. The shared starter was also overpriced at £18 for 2 (looking at other tables, the other starters seemed far better value).

Redeeming features are: nice decor, good atmosphere, great flavours in the mixed starter, reasonably varied and very well priced wine list.

I would point out that a fair proportion of the clientelle seemed to be local, so perhaps we just caught a bad night. My £50 is gone though and given the number of references her to poor service, I do not intend to risk another £50 to see if the repeat performance is any better. Next time, I'll be back to the Asha Balti House, which in my experience, is a much more solid bet.

• Visited May 2013