“Still incredible value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

Maenan Abbey Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Llanrwst
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Penysarn, Anglesey
“Still incredible value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Having pre-booked we arrived to find the car park surprisingly full for a Monday in February. A funeral party were in but this did not affect our experience in any way. In the bar we had drinks whilst choosing our food. My wife started with melon whilst I opted for smoked duck. We both chose the lamb for a main and finished off with two delightful desserts. The food was excellent and served timely and with a friendly attitude. After our meal we had coffee in the bar and left having settled the bill which was £37.00 for two people and included two glasses of pleasant wine. Where in the UK can achieve this. The prices a had not changed for at least two years. If you find yourself in the Conwy Valley and are hungry we recommend it highly.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Keith A

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Our stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I could not find a fault with this hotel, it was very friendly, and the rooms were very good I will be letting people know about this hotel and let them know that the food was excellent well worth the visit.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Nicola R
Llandudno
“Great food always plenty of it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We have visited the restaurant here normally for lunch a few times as we had planned to have our wedding reception here so wanted to get an idea on what the food is like.
They do a set lunch menu which is very well priced, you get plenty of choice and the food is always served pipping hot.
Good value for money well worth a visit.

Visited September 2013
5 Thank Mark W
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“The true review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Liked all the food, hot fresh and well presented.If you wanted anything all you had to do was ask.
Nothing to dislike.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank david4489
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Beautiful setting, but food and service could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

Had a family meal at Maenan Abbey, at which we were crammed onto a very small table. Whilst the food was nice, the information provided by the waiting staff when ordering was incorrect, in relation to the vegetables being served that evening. I did not like the vegs on offer, which was disappointing, as I really fancied some of the fish options. This determined my choice of main course, so imagine my annoyance when two of my favourite vegs appeared for others! I had ordered steak, and was not asked how I would like this cooked, so it was rather well done for my taste, but still very nice. When we came to order dessert, the waiter could not tell us what one of the puddings was, and the drinks service was non-existent. However, when we got our puddings, they were lovely, and the hot lemon pudding is to be recommended. This restaurant could be really top notch, with some attention to details, and better service. All in all, a fairly enjoyable evening, but I don't think I'll be back.

• Visited June 2013