“Really good food”
Review of Tiff's Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Tiff's Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Small restaurant. Like a previous reviewer we hadn't booked, but did get a table. My assessment of their accepting people is slightly different in that they have a tiny kitchen and so their capacityI believe is more about cooking space than seating space. I commend them for not over stretching.

Service was great and food was really tasty.

We would recommend for small groups /couples and would definitely visit again.

2  Thank Siansteele

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The meal that we enjoyed was something special. It was certainly traditional Thai cooking by a lady who knows how to cook. The service was also excellent - not intrusive but attentive and polite.

1  Thank Rob D
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We fell upon this by accident and it was great! The food was fantastic, fresh and full of great flavours - each bite full was a joy! The staff were super friendly and accommodating. The decor relaxing. all in all it was a great experience and we will definitely be coming back.

3  Thank Ravi M
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Party of 18 of us went on a Saturday night, the food was outstanding, full of flavour. Staff were so helpfull. We all will be back.

2  Thank Caron6
Reviewed 4 July 2013

So...... we came here based on the review of its previous incarnation "Amorn Thai" but clearly things have gone awry as Tiff's Thai Restaurant.

Firstly.... my husband ordered a Henieken.... but we didnt expect to be brough a can of beer!!
Fresh from a supermarket 6 pack!

The complimentary crackers....were stale!

Our statrer of ribs was ok but was the fattiest cut of ribs I had ever seen! While they tasted ok and were cooked well enough we lost about half of each one as it was pure pork fat (belly fat & rind).

Then the mains.....
My green curry was disgusting!
The sauce had quite clearly split to the point that you have to question how anyone could serve it to a customer in that state!
Blobs of oil floating around on top and the rest of the liqor was bitty and watery.
Ive eaten in many Thai restaurants and have NEVER encountered food this bad.

My husbands chicken & cashews was not much better.
Although the sauce had not split it was watery and bland and looked like weak bisto swimming around on his plate!.

Throughout our experience we could hear the microwave going off in the kitchen.
When I went to use the toilets I wished I hadnt!

There is a door by the kitchen that leads to an outdoor passageway (permanantly left open!!), which in turn leads to the toilet block.
The toilets themselves were dirty with the toilet roll just sat on the dirty windowsill and water all over the floor.

We did feel a bit sorry for the guy trying to wait all the tables by himself with about 3 people in the kitchen! But not sorry enouigh to leave a tip for such bad food!

I would NOT advise anyone to eat here!

3  Thank strongmum