“Afternoon Tea”

Cuisines: Welsh
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Enjoyed a fantastic afternoon tea at the Tannery with a friend this afternoon. I didn't know that they did afternoon tea at the Tannery but my friend had pre-ordered it and it was absolutely amazing - would highly recommend. I have also enjoyed a meal at the restaurant here previously - food quality was excellent - great atmosphere and service, can't fault it - will certainly be going back soon.

4  Thank LLWO123

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Heard a lot of good things about this place since under management so want to find out more.
First impressions - lovely cosy place.
Service - friendly and professional.
Food - excellent, good flavours. Only one little moan, no offer of veg?
Overall - highly recommended and well worth a visit.
This place would be great on a summers evening sitting on the balcony over looking the river and across the valley.
Only Advice - don't think your kitchen extraction is powerful enough, bit smoky in the restraunt area.

4  Thank Morepleasesir
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We used to go here years ago and heard it had now changed hands so tried a revisit. Really glad we did as we loved the whole experience. It is located in a tucked out of the way location next to the river in Llanrwst so even just for a drink it is ideal. Open for coffee, lunches and now two evenings a week ( Friday/ Saturday , with more planed) i think this Bistro type restaurant will give some serious competition in the Conwy Valley. My Husband had the homemade Burger and said it was superb, He likes simple food done well. I had the meat ball which were delicious but rather under seasoned for my ideal liking. I even had what was left packed up for me to take home as I really have a minuscule appetite.Will definitely be returning and wish the knew owners all the best with this knew venture.

7  Thank Denise S
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We had a lovely late lunch here and enjoyed it so much we returned the next day for dinner - which did not disappoint. They have set up tables overlooking the picturesque river for the summer, and there are also tables on the balcony. The service was excellent - fast and friendly and the atmosphere and décor inside were also very pleasant. The food was interesting and varied. I great find!

8  Thank familybrosel
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Disappointed to see no vegetarian main course on menu last night. When we asked we were initially told only option was pasta and had to insist to get something a bit more exciting than pasta. For me a meal out is always special and I felt like a second class citizen back in the 70's / 80's.
Rest of meal was great, and for other diners, other than no chutney with cheese as advertised and ran out of specials at 8pm (which I am told also happened a month ago). Hopefully it is proof being very popular or still early days learning curves.
Great location and great service though so hopefully these niggles can be ironed out.

2  Thank KateJo99