“Delicious Food”

Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Have been to many Pizza Express Restaurants around the area and thought it would be worth a try to visit Richmond's for some lunch with friends. It is a massive restaurant, maybe 4 times the size of what I am used to, but staff were still very attentive and focused meanwhile welcoming. The food is consistently mouth-watering and I am considering putting a whole day aside where I can just binge out on heaps of calzone, cheesy garlic bread and cheesecake from Pizza Express to fix my ongoing cravings since visiting last week.
I see there are some very harsh reviews but I really believe it depends on where you go and what you expect. Pizza Express is not trying to be fine dining so don't go expecting fillet steaks and dauphinoise potatoes. But if you order something with cheese I guarantee it will be melted and stringy :) The dough that they use is so morish!!
Also happy for a good choice of wine on the menu, thank you.

• Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Great quick lunch and family place!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Very good value for money and great to bring the whole family! One of my favourite dishes is their Padana light pizza with goat cheese and caramelised onions.

• Visited September 2013
UK
“The first restaurant I have ever walked out of because the food was so bad”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Really appalling quality food, certainly not up to the usual standards of Pizza Express.

Even for a cheap-eat, this place is somewhere to avoid. My calzone resembled a cornish-pasty than a "Neopolitan delight". Meanwhile, my girlfriends pizza was so thin and so undercooked that it had holes in it! The food was also sitting on the counter for 10 minutes before being served.

An absolute disgrace. They offered to re-make the dishes, by that point the prospect of Sainsbury's Local appealed more, and we walked.

Another annoyance is the screaming children across the whole restaurant. They could easily set up a children-free area for those who want to eat in peace!

• Visited August 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Little Disorganised At First”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The staff were friendly and welcoming, but seemed a little over-hurried at first. Some delays in getting food, but after that all was well. Standard PE menu and wine list and prices. Do well for family groups.

Visited July 2013
Teddington, United Kingdom
“I really enjoy Pizza express...but this Branch is not really good.”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I have been here a few times, I have ordered pizza in the past- it has not been as good as other branches... So i stick to the salads which are very good. I always end up full.

One of the waitors, I cannot stand...extremely rude so When I do go I tend to aviod him.

The main thing that really lets this place down, is something that they cannot help.

Mothers and Their children plague this restaurant... Eeveyrtime I go There is a screaming baby,or children running around bumping into things and people. I almost feel bad for drinking a glass of wine when I'm surrounded by all these little people
!
But at the end of the day they are customers. but Dont go here if you want some peace and quiet...

• Visited May 2013