“Pizza for everyone!”

Ranked #126 of 225 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$1 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Turku, Finland
“Pizza for everyone!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I'm really surprised to see so many complaints here, for I've never had a bad experience in Richmond Pizza Express! On our latest visit to the restaurant we got superb service (shame I didn't catch the name of the older gentleman serving us, he was brilliant!), very tasty pizzas (great gluten free selection too!) and finished off with sinfully delicious chocolate brownies and espressos. The restaurant was busy, but the staff was friendly and efficient for what we observed, dishes came out fast from the kitchen and people seemed relaxed at tables. I could easily take my nan to the place as well as co-workers, it feels welcoming and serves for all tastes and diets.

• Visited April 2014

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good pizza nice service”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I went here with the kids this week as they love the pizzas. We were not let down, and they loved the booths where you can play your own music. Service was good, great for families

Visited April 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Food and service slipping under the usual standard”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I'm sure most people have visited a pizza express at some point or another and got to expect a usual standard if service, especially being a chain restaurant that I am sure has guidelines on customer service/food etc which is why I was surprised and disappointed at my experience in the richmond branch.

We were left waiting a long time in the door way even thought there wasn't a queue. A waitress made eye contact with us three times but didn't even ask us to hold on apologise for the wait.

The bad service continued from there with long waits for our orders to be taken and the food arriving even though it wasn't busy in the restaurant and there were plenty of staff on hand.

My side didn't arrive so I chased this up, was nodded at with no verbal response from a surly waitress and clearly ignored as the side never came. The food was mediocre and service slow and 'slap-dash'.

To top this off, I emailed pizza express head office in January, had a generic reply come through 11 days later saying I would be responded to in 28 days (bit of a long wait, must have a lot of complaint emails to deal with!) and heard nothing more. I chased this up after the 28 day period and still have heard nothing. I have now been waiting upwards of 50 days to get a simple acknowledgement or apology from a human being.

If you can't get good service in the restaurant nor from the head office, it is clear they don't value their customers. I am left severely unimpressed with the whole situation and wont be returning.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Rpickett18
London, United Kingdom
“Great family restaurant”
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Went here using the tesco vouchers on a deal, and must admit I was pleasantly surprised. It's a big restaurant and in a modern style which could make it look a bits less attractive to couples. We were a 5 and had kids in the party so it fitted us fine. I'm not a great pizza person in the main but the food was excellent, the dough balls were brilliant and the various pizzas we had were great, very thin base. The puddings were huge, and the service was good. All in all a great place to go, just don't expect a traditional old world pizza place it's not that but still good.

Visited December 2013
London
“Suprisingly good”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We called in here after a few drinks & post Xmas-shopping trip . It was a freezing cold night and we were not in the mood to wander far.

Firstly its on the large side and surely one of the bigger chain Italian places in town. The décor is modern and we were seated at a booth style table. A touch I liked was the showing [ silently ] of old Black and White Italian movies - maybe its in context with the Art deco style of the building itself.

Our food was good - I had a Risotto starter and we both had Pizza's. However my wife ordered a Gluten free version and top marks to Pizza Express for catering to this particular requirement.

The service was friendly and OK-ish. Mark off though for the waitress taking the chili oil off our table when I wasn't finished with it . The salt police rule here clearly and you have to ask for it
[ or we did anyhow ] but noticed that there appeared to be none on other tables.

Finally I do agree with the suggestion from a previous reviewer if there might be an Adults/couple area - its certainly big enough - and that would keep everyone happy.

• Visited December 2013