“For Breton style French food....in Richmond”
Review of Chez Lindsay

Chez Lindsay
Ranked #9 of 313 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$14 - US$77
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The menu is always varied but stays on the central theme of French food in the Breton Style. The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and the service superb. Upon revisiting they usually remember you by name and could not be more helpful, couples with superb food.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Go there for the pancakes, they are very nice. Interior is simple but comfortable. Staff is very friendly. Prices are good, not expensive.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Really lovely meal and superb service. The steak was truly incredible- one of the best I have ever had and the whole ambience created a lovely dining experience- I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I went to Chez Lindsay’s last night and wanted to write a review to say what a fantastic meal I had. I was recommended this restaurant by a friend who goes there regularly and was certainly not disappointed. The food was delicious, service was great and the portion size was very generous. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone and am looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Having spent the day shopping in Richmond, and having skipped lunch, my wife and I were famished as we looked for somewhere for an early dinner before walking home. We initially took a table in an Italian chain restaurant but after looking at the menu for a few minutes we realised that it all felt a little generic (and overpriced at that) and gave our apologies and left.

Chez Lindsay had been recommended to us by a French friend and we decided to give it a go. We arrived pretty much at 6pm, and having not booked, were offered a table for two with the polite understanding that we'd need to vacate it by 8pm for a later booking. I have no problem with this being mentioned up front, particularly as it saves the staff having to hurry us up later in the evening.

As soon as we were seated we started to feel like we'd made the right decision in moving. The restaurant is simply decorated and the lighting suits the space and helps to create the right mood for a meal for two. Tables, chairs and cutlery are all simple and functional. I quite like this in a restaurant - it makes me think they've invested their money in their staff and their ingredients and this seemed to be the case with Chez Lindsay too.

As we perused the menu and wine list we asked for some tap water and a small jug and glasses duly arrived. The jug was refilled later almost without our noticing, and certainly without our asking. I know this is small point, but it's amazing how many restaurants don't get manage to get this simple type of customer service right. Our waiter helped with our wine selection and we enjoyed a nice and reasonably priced burgundy.

We opted to head straight for main courses to save some space for dessert (the restaurant was recommended to us for its crepes). I had the noisettes of lamb, which were perfectly cooked and accompanied by amazingly good dauphinoise potatoes. My wife was very pleased with her calves liver and mash (more buttery puree than standard mash) and both were simply and impeccably presented.

Our dessert crepes and coffee met the standards set by the main course and the bill came to £90 including service which was friendly, charming and attentive without being obtrusive.

Overall we were very pleasantly surprised with our impromptu dinner stop and as a result we'll be bringing friends and family here from now on - thoroughly recommended.

And we'll make sure to book next time.