“Nice location- bad, slow service and cold food”

The Slug and Lettuce
Ranked #217 of 300 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A perfect riverside location, The Slug & Lettuce is a very popular destination venue, especially during the summer months. The venue is family friendly allowing children from opening until 8pm daily, over 21's thereafter. Breakfast, lunch, dinner & take-away available. Parties are welcome. Great deals on cocktails, wine & food throughout the week. Our friendly staff will look after all your needs when visiting!
London, United Kingdom
“Nice location- bad, slow service and cold food”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Went here yesterday with my sister.

When we sat down we were told there was a 40 min wait for the food. My sister has been a number of times before. She said it is always the same. We stayed.

We ordered a bottle of prosecco. It took 15 mins to arrive- not good enough. When it did the bottle was already open- not good.

Then out food came after about 50 mins. It was really cold. The steak was meant to be medium. It was well done.

Really disappointed and do not recommend.

Great location but go somewhere else

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Londontraveler25

“Well Done”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have come here twice now, the first time was a bit on the down side but i loved it soo much i returned ruffly a month later. The second time was amazing, maybe because it was busy so everyone was doing something, the first time i came to eat, it was literally empty and the service was on the depressed side. Understandable i have worked in a restaurant before and when it is very quiet it is hard to find things to do without causing more mess. I totally recommend the burgers and steaks they are amazing. Overall all the waitress are kind and lovely. The barman was so good i purchased him a drink, and the chefs cook a good steak. I look forward to returning. ALSO the view outside is to die for, the river gives the atmosphere a romantic change.

• Visited February 2014
“Appalling”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The service was horrible and I twice had to send a Caesar salad back after it'd been left under a heat lamp for 10 minutes the first time and had brown romaine on the second. No one had the decency to respond to my complaint or bother to offer me an alternative meal -- I left hungry from what was to be a family lunch.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank David B
London
“Abmissal service, disorganised, & lots of complaints”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Waiter told me that I couldn't have just scrambled egg and toast rather than full breakfast because it was not on the menu so I asked for two cappucini which arrived after 20 mins. Meanwhile two women on the next table started to complain that they had been waiting 90 for their food and that their coffees had gone cold.
Next a group of six people ordered food which was served within 10 minutes and soon complained that it was inedible and left without paying. As we finished our cappucini we found the lid of a carton of milk in the bottom of the cup so we complained and the manager waived the bill for both drinks.

Won't be visiting here every again.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Goldhawk
London, United Kingdom
“Awful food rubbish service”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Myself and several of my work colleagues and their children were completing a ten mile charity walk and decided to stop here for lunch. What a mistake! Several of the food items were not available, with no explanation (this was 20 mins after we had sat down, no one bothered to welcome us or clean our filthy table). The kids mains of nuggets and chips was poor quality. My burger was ok, but fries were stone cold. I informed a member of staff and they returned them to me after clearly being microwaved, turning them rock hard making them inedible. The children's dessert if ice cream was served practically melted and the wrong flavour. The staff couldn't have cared less and clearly didn't want to be working there. To top it all off one of my work friends was violently ill (I won't go into details) toward the end of our walk. I have complained to head office and not heard anything back no surprise there. Having eaten at other slug and lettuce branches, I am bitterly disappointed about how we were treated and will never return again.

• Visited August 2013