“Awful”

Slug & Lettuce
Ranked #205 of 307 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A perfect riverside location, The Slug & Lettuce is a very popular destination venue, especially during the summer months. The venue is family friendly allowing children from opening until 8pm daily, over 21's thereafter. Breakfast, lunch, dinner & take-away available. Parties are welcome. Great deals on cocktails, wine & food throughout the week. Our friendly staff will look after all your needs when visiting!
Reviewed 9 March 2014

A beautiful area with a lovely view it was such a shame that it was really not an enjoyable experience. The service was awful with staff being extremely rude to my family members, we waited more than a half hour for food and when it was finally here staff then began to ask us to hurry up and finish as they had to move the tables. Would never recommend anyone to dine here with such rude unpleasant staff.

2  Thank Marie L

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Went here yesterday with my sister.

When we sat down we were told there was a 40 min wait for the food. My sister has been a number of times before. She said it is always the same. We stayed.

We ordered a bottle of prosecco. It took 15 mins to arrive- not good enough. When it did the bottle was already open- not good.

Then out food came after about 50 mins. It was really cold. The steak was meant to be medium. It was well done.

Really disappointed and do not recommend.

Great location but go somewhere else

1  Thank Londontraveler25
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have come here twice now, the first time was a bit on the down side but i loved it soo much i returned ruffly a month later. The second time was amazing, maybe because it was busy so everyone was doing something, the first time i came to eat, it was literally empty and the service was on the depressed side. Understandable i have worked in a restaurant before and when it is very quiet it is hard to find things to do without causing more mess. I totally recommend the burgers and steaks they are amazing. Overall all the waitress are kind and lovely. The barman was so good i purchased him a drink, and the chefs cook a good steak. I look forward to returning. ALSO the view outside is to die for, the river gives the atmosphere a romantic change.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The service was horrible and I twice had to send a Caesar salad back after it'd been left under a heat lamp for 10 minutes the first time and had brown romaine on the second. No one had the decency to respond to my complaint or bother to offer me an alternative meal -- I left hungry from what was to be a family lunch.

3  Thank David B
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Waiter told me that I couldn't have just scrambled egg and toast rather than full breakfast because it was not on the menu so I asked for two cappucini which arrived after 20 mins. Meanwhile two women on the next table started to complain that they had been waiting 90 for their food and that their coffees had gone cold.
Next a group of six people ordered food which was served within 10 minutes and soon complained that it was inedible and left without paying. As we finished our cappucini we found the lid of a carton of milk in the bottom of the cup so we complained and the manager waived the bill for both drinks.

Won't be visiting here every again.

2  Thank Goldhawk