“Business Stay”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Richmond
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Business Stay”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed in the Hotel on a few occasions in the past as it has easy access to many of the areas in London where I attend business meetings.
The Hotel is positioned at the top of Richmond with excellent views and easy walking access to some very good restaurants and bars.
I only stayed one night on this trip, but again found the Hotel very comfortable with good wireless access to the internet and breakfast included in a reasonable price for the quality and convenience of the Hotel.
The Hotel staff were very helpful and printed out my flight boarding card as my iPhone app was playing up.
The Hotel was quiet and relaxed with an excellent breakfast with a great range of quality food on offer.
I would have no hesitation in staying again or recommending the Hotel to anyone.
Thanks.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
ManagerRichmond, General Manager at Richmond Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Iain,

Thank you for completing a comprehensive review of your time spent with us at Richmond Hill Hotel. As noted, the location is very convenient, to motorway's and public transport, with Waterloo just 20minutes away!

Breakfast is an important meal for our business travellers so we have tried to offer a varied, high quality selection. I am delighted to read that you appreciated this.

We hope to welcome you back again, perhaps at Leisure next time.

Diane Tapner -Evans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Perched on the top of Richmond Hill, this hotel combines the relaxed comfort of a country house with all the facilities you expect from a high-class establishment - whether your stay is for business or leisure. My room was perfect and the staff were always professional, polite, friendly and ever keen to help.
John Twomey

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Mr Twomey,

Thank you very much for this great review of your stay with us at the Richmond Hill Hotel.

I was very happy to read your excellent comments on the style of the Hotel and our team, we have invested in both over the past few years and it is wonderful to hear how they are appreciated.

The location and river view does help to make a stay special and I am glad you enjoyed our unique position on top of the Hill.

Hopefully you have reason to travel again soon, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Stoke-on-trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Had my birthday party at the hotel recently and it was amazing. Thank you to all the staff who made the party really memorable. The food was superb, the service was outstanding, the team couldn't do enough for me, friends and family.

A number of family and friends stayed and all had a fantastic time, the breakfast the next morning was one of the best we had had and finished off a perfect weekend.

Thank you to everyone at Richmond Hill for making my birthday one to remember! Jorge, William, Julie and Aga and everyone else your are a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
ManagerRichmond, General Manager at Richmond Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Janey,

Thank you for such a wonderful review; it is always a great motivator for the team to know that our guests enjoyed their experience with us. Those you mentioned personally where very pleased.
I am delighted you enjoyed your birthday celebrations with us and those who stayed over had a great experience. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Richmond Hill Hotel again.

kind regards

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The staff were excellent and extended our car parking card time as we had a luncheon meeting before departing. The breakfast was very good and the staff on hand were excellent. The room was small but that reflected in the price charged. We will stay here again when returning to Richmond.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ian

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at Richmond Hill Hotel, I am pleased to read you enjoyed your experience and will be returning. We look forward to welcoming you back.

kind regards

yorkshire
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The position is lovely, this is our 2nd visit. We knew the standard rooms were small but the position makes up for this. the staff are very professional and helpful. You can just park up and walk everywhere which is great, there are really useful shuttle buses to Twickenham for £1 ahead and free return running not far form the back of The Orange Tree. Our only minor criticism is that there should be a possibility to pay a bed and breakfast rate rather than having to buy vouchers from Reception.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Trinnie,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us at Richmond Hill Hotel. I was not aware of the Twickenham shuttle bus before reading your review, I will be sure we pass this information onto our guests when they are staying for the Rugby.

I am delighted you choose to return to the Hotel and fully appreciate our location and staff as a balance to our sometime smaller room types.

We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Devon UK
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights while watching rugby. Definitely not value for money. Tiny room and bathroom. It felt as though we were actually sleeping on the airport the hotel is right under the flight path for planes landing at heathrow! Planes were landing every 2 mins up till midnight and then again at 6am.
Plus the Saturday night disco in the hotel and really uncomfortable beds we couldn't wait to get out!!
Very expensive and certainly not worth the money!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guests

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments; it is always disappointing to read that a guest did not enjoy their time with us.

With regards to the cost of your room, we do pride ourselves on providing a high level of service and product in order to offer good value for money. Furthermore our pricing structure does fluctuate depending on a number of factors including our availability of bedrooms determined by events taking place in the local area. Twickenham is always a period when rooms are expensive in both Richmond and the surrounding area. We regularly check to ensure that our prices are in line with our local competitors. I am sorry that on this occasion you felt our hotel was overpriced for the size of the room.

I am perplexed tor read that you were disturbed by aeroplanes; Richmond Hill Hotel is not in the Heathrow flight path so perhaps something else disturbed your sleep?

Our beds are usually complimented for their confines due to the goose down toppers which give an extra snuggle factor. I am sorry this did not seem to impact your night’s sleep with us.

I do hope you allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in the service Richmond Hill provides. We are due to have extensive refurbishment which should address some of the smaller room issues in the New Year.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I group booked several rooms for this hotel for my wedding as the ceremony was in Richmond Park. My husband and I also decided to spend our wedding night there so we could have breakfast with family the next morning and also use the bar once the wedding reception finished at 11pm.

They didn't particularly treat us specially despite us bringing quite a lot of business their way that weekend. We were told we wouldn't necessarily be able to check in early despite check in time being later than the time our wedding started and our guests were told they could get ready in the gym changing room. This is understandable, but then they put us in what seemed to be the smallest room in the hotel. I'd describe it more as a cupboard than a bedroom. There was barely room for my wedding dress.

Meanwhile in my brother's room, his shower had very little water pressure and he described it as a dribble of water. He also found a pair of old knickers under the bed which hadn't been cleaned out.

My sister's room - She booked a family room for 4 as she has two small children aged 2 and 3. The 'family' room was situated directly above a function room, whose booming music was thumping through the ceiling until 1am. Hardly the place for small children. I'm unsure why they have a family room in this location. When she complained, the said they'd ask the function room to turn the bass down but this did little to nothing.

No one else complained, although some also said their rooms were very small.

The reception is fairly deceiving and makes the place look much more plush than it is. Don't be fooled.

Breakfast was nice but the staff got confused about coffee and tea orders.

This place is absolutely not worth the money you pay and is not worthy of its 4 star rating. I would never use it again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LauraBirtwell
Dear Laura,

Thank you for your review of your time spent with us recently. It is always disappointing to know that our guests did not enjoy their time with us particularly on such a special occasion.

We always try and accommodate any guest requests for their bedroom preference, or recognise a special occasion. This becomes harder to accommodate when the hotel is already fully booked. The Hotel was running at full occupancy during your time with us and we therefore did not have the opportunity to upgrade you. We could only allocate your group those room types booked.

I sincerely apologise for the lapse in housekeeping standard not to have noticed articles from a previous guest and reassure you that is a most rare occurrence.

Our customer service is normally our strength throughout the building and we focus on exceeding guest expectation and provide friendly and professional service. Please let me apologise that this was not the case for you and let me re-assure you that I have shared your service comments with the team.

I would of course love you to have happier memories of your time here at the Hotel. With this in mind if you would like to return to the Hotel please contact me directly and I will be sure to facilitate a larger room for your stay.

Diane Tapner -Evans