“Very enjoyable....”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Richmond
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at Richmond Hill Hotel on a sunny weekend in April. I booked 2 bedrooms via Secret Escapes which meant we got an excellent rate which included dinner. We got to choose from a set menu, which was fine, my only niggle would be that I asked if I could have steak and pay a supplement which was refused - so as long as you like the set menu you'll be fine. The hotel and bedrooms were beautiful, very comfortable beds and big bathrooms. The hotel is also within an easy walk to the tube station making getting into Central London simple!! We had time to use the pool and sauna etc. again very good. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will certainly be returning soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I booked a room and dinner at the Richmond Hill Hotel for my Fiancée and I on the 4 October 13, exactly 1 year to the day we are to get married. I thought it would be a nice suprise as we are having our wedding reception at the hotel, so I believed it would be a nice treat and poignant to be at the location exactly one year to the day when we will be in the same place, but husband and wife.

I contacted the Richmond Hill Hotel to see if the chef could put together a special dessert as a suprise for my Fiancée and I was not let down. I cannot fault how much the Richmond Hill Hotel went out of their way to help a romantic like me out. The Chef put together a dessert saying '1 Year to Go' and my Fiancée was over the moon, so thank you.

We had the cod for dinner in the restaurant and I must say it was one of best meals we had ever had! We have it as one of our Breakfast Menu Options it was that good!

The room we had was also great and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast also was very nice indeed. I cannot fault it at all.

As above we are to having our wedding reception at the Richmond Hill Hotel and are both looking forward to it a lot.

I will be staying at the Richmond Hill Hotel the night before the wedding, so hopefully I will have just as a great experience before the nerves kick in!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Burton-in-Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Took our son to London for the first time and used this hotel as a base. Lovely location and a great walk into Richmond. Staff fussed around our little boy and nothing seemed too much trouble. Will definitely stay here again. Food great, room great, location great. What more could you want?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Very personable staff, lovely room although I imagine the old ill fitting windows might be a problem in the winter. Wonderful location, great restaurant.

Health club was included, small sauna, steam room, gym, pool etc. Avoid just after the kids have been kicked out of school!

Would be very happy to go back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

The hotel is in a wonderful location with views down to the river and the staff were cheerful, helpful and couldn't do enough to ensure an enjoyable stay. The breakfast choice was excellent and dinner in the restaurant was also very good. The room was very clean and comfortable and we couldn't fault anything. I would recommend this hotel to everybody and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
La
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Seriously needs a remodel. Carpet is filthy, room smells, I'm afraid to touch anything. One girl at the front desk was very helpful and probably deserves to work at a nicer hotel. Every one else working at the hotel seems useless.

• Stayed May 2014
ManagerRichmond, General Manager at Richmond Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Ccrp

I was disappointed to read your brief review of your time at the Hotel. I have contacted you via Trip advisor to finds out more details of your stay as I cannot find any records of a room report of this nature. We will obviously review the room referred to when we know which one to look at. Our rooms are cleaned daily in detail by our housekeeping team so unusual smells or damage are brought to our attention and the rooms removed from service. If you would provide me with some further information regarding your stay with us I would like to investigate further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

kind regards

Diane Tapner-Evans
General manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Celebrated our anniversary here.

Nice weekend break without leaving home, but the sublime location in a beautiful area of London made it feel like we were away.

Would definitely recommend this hotel for like-minded couples.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your time at Richmond Hill Hotel.

I am really delighted you had such a lovely weekend.

Kind regards