“Recommended. Good Hotel in a lovely location.”

Richmond Gate Hotel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed for two nights as friends were getting married in the hotel. (Great ceremony!)
Staff were attentive, knowledgable and really helpful. Beautiful location with loads of top pubs and eateries in walking distance. The inclusive Spa had all the usual - running machines, exercise bikes, weights room, a good sized pool, hydrotherapy pool with steam room and sauna.
A memorable stay in a lovely hotel in a special location.
Recommended.....and Nick, the "Weller-esque" manager was top.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
GMRichmond, General Manager at Richmond Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website.
I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us; it is always great to read comments such as yours. On a personal note thank you for your kind words. As always It always gives me great pleasure to read comments about the team as they are our greatest asset
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Richmond.

Nick Henry

Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights last weekend (May 23/24) for the wedding of friends. The staff were excellent, the rooms were clean and of good order with quality toiletries etc. The wedding was held at the hotel and the service, meal and overall customer care was very good. The recently appointed manager, Nick, really went out of his way to make sure everyone's needs we're attended to, even providing a private room for the wedding guests on the Sunday morning. Certainly a hotel I will go back to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the spa, slight smell of chlorine.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
GMRichmond, General Manager at Richmond Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was delighted to read how much you had enjoyed the wedding which you attended. It is always great to read comments about the service team members have provided and on a personal note thank you for your kind words.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel I do hope this sooner rather than later.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here last Sunday for one night, room 42.We were in two minds whether to stay at the hotel due to some of the negative reviews but we are so glad we did stay. Easy to park and the reception staff were very polite and helpful. The room was well furnished, normally I have trouble sleeping at hotels but we had a great night's sleep, the bed was very comfy.
The hotel is very well situated just 10 mins walk to some lovely looking restaurants, we ate in Chez Lindsay's which was great.
Visited the pool area which was very quiet and relaxing and again very polite staff.
We were so impressed we have booked for two nights in June for our wedding anniversary.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johnT1963

Thank you for your recent comments on the trip advisor website. I was pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and how much you had enjoyed experience. It is always a huge honour to read comments about team members and the service they have provided. I am grateful that we were able to overcome your apprehensions unfortunately on occasion some guests are quick to give negative feedback on sites such as this and therefore I thank you for keeping an open mind and taking the time to make a positive review I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in June.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Location fab, hotel good although found the rooms tad small for the twin room we had. The weather was hot so didn't use the facilities as there was so much to do in Richmond itself with Royal Parks & restaurants nearby. Staff really helpful and friendly.

1  Thank Daisay

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was delighted to read how much you had both enjoyed your “Girlie Weekend” with us. It is always me great pleasure to read comments about the friendly and helpful service that team members have provided.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel for your next excursion to Richmond.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We recently held our wedding at Richmond Gate Hotel, and Nick, Paco and the rest of the staff couldn't have given us a better time. Nothing was too much trouble, and little touches made all the difference - special meal for the children, a post wedding breakfast for all our guests to compare hangovers! The food was impressive and the rooms beautifully appointed. I know this hotel has had a troubled past over the last twelve months due to changes in management - but give it a go as Nick and the team are turning it around. A fantastic location to explore London and the surrounds with unbelievable views over the Thames

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Adele H

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was delighted to read how much you had both enjoyed your wedding day, and that we played a small part in making it a little more memorable. It is always a huge honour to read comments about individual team members and on a personal note thank you for your kind words and giving up your time to make them.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel which I hope this is long before your first anniversary.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location, but having returned several times feel that the staff purely go through the motions - maybe it is so busy that returning customers like us are just not valued. We've decided to give it a miss on our next visit and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the original hotel and not in the modern block.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rose1111
GMRichmond, General Manager at Richmond Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website .We do place a high level of focus on staff training and service, and I have to say that I am extremely disappointed to read about your experience. I do note that your stay was back in February and whilst I acknowledge your experience it is difficult for me to comment on specifics as some time has elapsed and as I only started with the property in March I can only comment on how we now identify returning customers. I really would welcome some more specific details of your experience first-hand if you could contact me at the hotel I would be most grateful I trust that my response, to some degree, gives reassurance that all customer feedback is respected and understood. I am sorry that we fell short of your mark in February but I do hope to hear from you directly maybe you will decide to stay with us again once we have spoken.

Thank you once again for your feedback

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the Richmond Gate Hotel in May for a friends wedding. I was quite glad that I only spent a few hours in the room as my tv didn't work, the bathroom was not clean (previous occupants hair on the floor), empty mini bar, the lamp didn't work as there was no plug socket for where It was positioned(?), no pen or paper in the room, it was below the standards I would expect for the price.

Breakfast was average, though they did get my order wrong... Staff seemed disinterested.

Parking spaces were limited.

The hotel is however in a great location if you are visiting Richmond Park.

I may just have got a duff room but would I not stay here again unfortunately.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent review. I was very sorry to read that you described your stay with us as “Disappointing”. I must apologise that you felt the standard of room that you were allocated was not cleaned to a high level and that this short fall was not picked up as part of our daily quality checks I am confident that this was an oversight on this occasion you will see that our overall cleanliness is rated as 4 out of 5 .I wish to assure you that if the Duty Manager had been made aware of any of the short falls you have identified they would have endeavoured to provide an alternative room or at the very least rectify the problem.
I have of course investigated all of the other key aspects of your review we have checked all the TVs we can-not currently find any with faults I am therefore at a loss as to why your TV did not work. I agree the mini bar in your standard room was empty I wish to assure you that this is intentional. Mini bars may be stocked on your request or simply used as a fridge for your own refreshments I am sorry that you were disappointed with this facility.
We do have 35 car parking spaces but I am unaware of the lack of car parking over the weekend.
It is only through comments such as those you have made that we are able to improve our standard and service.
Thank you once again for your feedback