Richmond Gate Hotel
Bingham(Richmond)
US$209
US$202
US$132
Travelodge London Teddington(Teddington)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Kew Gardens Hotel(Kew)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$152
Agoda.com
The Lensbury(Teddington)
US$119
US$115
Premier Inn London Richmond Hotel(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$94
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge London Richmond Central(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
    1,051 results
    All reviewsafternoon teathe riverswimming lessonslovely hotelhealth clubleisure facilitiessecret escapesstandard roomlarge bathroomideal locationbuffet stylelovely rooma lovely stayham houseenjoyable staykew gardenshampton court
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 16 August 2014

My Husband booked this hotel as a Travel zoo deal for my birthday present. We wanted to do river walking for two days so this wonderful hotel on Richmond Hill certainly fitted the bill. The staff were good on arrival and our room was comfortable. Great bed, i did ignore the ripped duvet cover, We had done our 10 mile river walk and were looking forward to dinner. The whole reason was that we knew we would be tired after a long day so chose not to walk to a restaurant. Well what a let down. Four choices for the two courses. The only one we wanted on the starter menu was not available. So we had a second choice. The waiter did try to be helpful but it was the smallest portion. I had fish for my main course. Which was basically just fried in lots of butter with a tomoto cut up and chopped new potatoes swimming in greasy butter. I was so so dissapointed. The dining experience lasted 55 minutes. We could not believe it. Went to bed hungry, dreaming of the breakfast the following day. We were up at 7am..........

Looking at these reviews I feel it is interesting that only one recently eat a meal. Most is afternoon tea.

This is a good hotel but I would never go again and would cerntaily not recommend it. Funnily enough my niece worked there 7 years ago and we all thought it was lovely.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet location within the hotel which seems to work for us.
    1  Thank helenwadd
    GMRichmond, General Manager at Richmond Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

I am extremely disappointed to read that you felt that “dinner was a disgrace” I was also frustrated to read that the Duty Manager did not have the opportunity to rectify your problems whilst you were with us - I am sure that my management team could have offered or some alternative suggestions for dinner if they had been aware of your disappointment. I will of course be discussing this as a matter of urgency with the Head Chef. Please accept my sincere apology for your experience.
    I do appreciate and respect your opinion so thank you for taking the time to make it and I am sorry that based on this you would not choose to stay in future.
    As I am sure you can appreciate I cannot influence what aspects of a stay my customers choose to review, because as with all sites of this nature guest comments can be subjective and varied.

Thank you once again for your feedback

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed here just for one night on a Groupon offer which included cream tea and breakfast. We arrived before check in, the hotel stored our case while we went into Richmond. Staff on reception were friendly and polite. Our room was downstairs, fairly small but had everything you need, bathroom had bath and shower (very good shower), on the negative side the view from our window was the back of another building. Cream tea was nice but the restaurant does lack atmosphere and needs smartening up, waiter not particulary friendly or communicative. Breakfast was good, hot food limited selection but what they had seemed to be good quality (no black pudding, mushrooms), staff friendly, coffee served quickly. Good location for the town and park.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments on the trip advisor website. I was pleased to read that overall you had a good stay .I certainly take on board the other observations you have made.With regard your comments to our hot breakfast offering I can confirm that our current company breakfast standard does exclude these items.
    It is only through comments such as those you have made that we are able to improve our standard and service.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife stayed here the night before our wedding and I did the night of. It's a nice, old school hotel in a great location, nice staff on reception.

On her first day there was a groom in the room opposite who decided to have a party, all good fun but not at 2am. The staff went and asked them to keep it down.

The bar is quite small and the air con not very effective, good bar food and a decent selection of alcohol based on its size.

Nicely stocked bar, very comfortable big bed. The fizz and fruit in the room as a congratulations was a nice touch.

Thanks for looking after us, we'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments on the trip advisor website. Congratulations! I was delighted to read that overall you had enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that your wife was disturbed by noise from other guests, not ideal the night before the big day.
    It is always great to read coments about the team and the service they have provided.
    I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next trip to Richmond.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Location very good near to the Park entrance, also easy for walking into the town. Plenty of seats with brilliant views on way down and up.
    Accommodation - very clean and very comfortable, excellent sized room very comfortable bed very well stocked bathroom. Everything you need in the way of ironing board, iron sewing kit etc
    Staff excellent professional, friendly and well informed.
    Food - good selection at breakfast Buffett style try for window seat really nice
    Would definitely stay there again, we got a great deal so therefore we found it exceedingly good value.
    Thank you to all staff and management for an excellent run hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments on the trip advisor website. I was pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and how much you had enjoyed your dining experience.It is always a huge honour to read comments about team members and the service they have provided.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

WE visited the Richmond Gate Hotel for afternoon tea including a glass of champagne recently. Nice meet and greet, but bizarrely we were the only guest in the dining room so little to no atmosphere.
    The tea itself was ok but nothing special. The cakes in particular were average and not many of them. The scone and cream was nice, and the service was good , but overall the whole experience was at best average.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Peter L

Thank you for your recent comments on the trip advisor website.
    Thank you once again for your feedback