1,085 results
All reviewsafternoon teathe riverswimming lessonscream tealovely hotelhealth clubleisure facilitiessecret escapesstandard roomreception staffideal locationbeansbuffet styleham houselovely roomenjoyable staya lovely stay
Reviewed 11 June 2016

I loved the location and I loved my room. It was almost like an apartment at the top of one of the old original houses. It's very spacious and very comfortable. I brought work with me and whilst the desk is ok, the chair is far too low for the desk, so I shall have to find somewhere else to work.

A small hotel like this can be really special when they look after the small details. I am afraid here they don't.

I arrived late last night and asked for room service. I had a nice hamburger but the fries were frozen and arrived cold. Breakfast this morning was equally disappointing. It was self service (for a hotel this size I would have expected a freshly cooked breakfast) and whilst everything looked good, there was no taste. Even the tea was poor! the fruit looked lovely but it was so hard I could not eat it. The food was dry and tasteless.

It would not take much to make this hotel outstanding but as things stand, it's disapointing.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
GMRichmond, General Manager at Richmond Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was encouraged to read that you loved your room and loved the location of the hotel. I do appreciate the level of fairness you have attributed in your remarks regarding the property and rest assured I do take on board both negative and positive comments and act accordingly where possible. With regard breakfast we do indeed offer a buffet and I am sorry this was not to your liking we can service up to 100 breakfast guests each morning and we find it impractical for both ourselves and our guests to offer plated service. I am very sorry the fruit happened to be over ripe; we prepare fresh fruit daily and would have been more than happy to exchange this for you.
I wish to assure you we strive to continually improve our standards, but they must work practically for both our guests and ourselves. I am genuinely sorry you were disappointed with your stay.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Comfortable and very popular. A small bar, good dinning room and breakfasts were great. Some on-sight parking available. We stayed here to be close to Kew gardens. Still a $15 cab ride away. Staff was all great.

Stayed: May 2016

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was pleased to read that overall you had a good stay with us and how much you had enjoyed many aspects of the hotel.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel on a future visit.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Don't go in the basement rooms. They are a bit noisy with the side road and constant disruption of other travelers banging doors, etc...They have a breakfast room and reasonably good amenities (health club, pool, etc). More geared towards families.

Room Tip: upper floors; away from side road
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

I thank you for the time you have taken in writing your review on the tripadvisor website. I am very sorry that your stay was not a success. Rest assured I do take on board both negative and positive comments and act accordingly.
It is only through comments such as those you have made that we are able to improve our standard and service.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

We had a great experience at this hotel the last weekend. The choice was a great one. The hotel employees are really helpful and they anticipated to any request. Nothing was too much. We decided to stay in the bar on Thursday evening. Although, we were 35 persons ordering food and drinks together, the person behind the bar managed the situation with a big smile and really effectively.The food was very tasty and well presented. We loved the burgers on the wooden board and the chips in the buckets.The pizzas in the box were a great idea and easy to share.
The breakfast on Saturday morning was served privately, giving us the opportunity to catch up with our friends and share comments and pics from the ceremony and wedding breakfast.
The rooms were comfortable and clean.
I would like to thank the Richmond Gate Hotel for an unforgettable stay and making me to feel so special.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent comments on the trip advisor website. I was pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and how much you had enjoyed the post wedding celebrations. It is always a huge honour to read comments about team member’s thank you very much for giving up your time to make these I will of course communicate your comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

The room was a very standard twin which was not a big deal as there was a pool to go and relex in............ not on a Friday; as there was swimming lessons for children until 6pm. So we missed out on using the pool. The food was good and the staff very helpful. Overall a nice night away but would not go again as not being able to use the pool was a spoiler for us.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lesley W

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was extremely pleased to read that overall you had enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the standard service team members provided and our restaurant and food quality. I certainly take on board your comments relating to Cedars leisure club we are very much a hotel with an attached exclusive private membership club. As a result we operate strict limited children’s hours for our members children I am sorry that it appears you have tried to use the facility during this time busy window. I would encourage you to reconsider using the hotel in future.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back .