“not as good as hoped”

Price range: US$24 - US$112
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Amadora is a great little place that won in the 'Best Start Up' catagory in the Richmond Business Awards 2012. It is a quaint little grade 2 listed buidling.With Beautiful Italian food, home made by Italian chefs. Italian waiters to help you with your Italian speaking! With a tiny little stair case and charming old floor boards. Its a great place to entertain, to wine and dine, for a very romatic meal or just a quick bite to eat. Recently very popular for business clients to entertain and have group parties due to our upstairs seating.
Reviewed 2 March 2014

three of us ate at this small restaurant after a disappointing film, The Book Thief. Amadora ---Its only a converted house (upstairs and ground) opposite the new Jamie’s in Richmond near the theatre from which it gets a lot of discounted custom. Our friend Lee said that the pasta portions were large but not for me!!! Me first--I had soup of the day lukewarm Lentil. I hate lukewarm soup.. For mains I had the Ravioli ricotta and spinach, not much of it, not tasty and not as good as Waitrose or any other supermarket. I was still hungry so I had Tiramisu to finish and nice coffee. My friends both had ok meals, mains Gnocchi and Risotto. We had a nice bottle of Montepulciano and David had a large glass of Sauvignon Blanc to was down the risotto.

pluses nice waiter and we had a discount card giving us 33% off.

1  Thank Rob D
There are newer reviews for Amadora Italian Restaurant

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Below average food for 5* price, not very well presented, luke warm bland. im no expert wich only backs up my review...if im not impressed a real foodie would be horrified. atmosphere is nice and romantic but i just could not justify the bill against that food! Plus service charge was a joke.i wouldnt go back...would pick a quick macdonalds (bit harsh sorry)

3  Thank hungryHippos1
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I don't know richmond that well, and so a friend and I just dropped by completely by chance looking for lunch; we were enticed by the 2 courses for £10 offer and the quaint decor in a cosy restaurant. A good capsule menu of classics, beautifully seasoned, rich and fresh dishes with a friendly service, I shall surely return next time I'm in the area!

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

A tasty local Italian with an intimate atmosphere serving up all the classics you would expect. Nice glass of red and a some bolognese. Job done!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Tucked away in a cobbled street I was able to use my Tastecard on Sunday for lunch so got my discount Looks tiny from outside but a seating area upstairs helpful staff and great fresh Pasta