“Very friendly and the food was second-to-none”
Review of The Duke Pub

The Duke Pub
Ranked #62 of 315 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We found ourselves hungry and in Richmond at about 4pm last Tuesday. We decided to venture into the Duke.

They were kind enough to let us have their lunch deal despite the time! I chose fish and chips, my Fiancé had the steak sandwich. As we are from Yorkshire, we are rather choosy about fish and chips and I would usually avoid it in the South, just because I am not too keen on cod...

BUT - I enjoyed it so much. Every morsel of that food had been thoughtfully prepared, the batter was very light, the chips fluffy on the inside and slightly crisp outside. Even the tartare sauce seemed to be handmade and the mushy peas ... well they were like no other mushy peas I had ever experienced.

If you are in Richmond, you really must go there to eat! It seems like a nice place just for a drink as well. The lunch deal included a glass of wine or beer. My wine was really delicious.

1  Thank CartMoore

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Just moved to the area and popped in here for lunch. Actually then realised we'd been in before!

Had the fish platter with side of salad and chips for lunch...the platter was very good, we probably didn't need the chips, but they were excellent! Just ditch the salad, as the platter has some salad on it.

Saw an advert for a 5 course meal with 5 wines for £40...we will be back!

1  Thank Chris F
Reviewed 19 May 2014

A nice pub for Sunday luches and the mid week £8.50 lunch deal always has a good selection on. The food is always tasty and hot (someting a lot of pubs forget is important) the staff have always been friendly and althoug it isnt buzzing with atmosphere it is a nice place to eat with friends or your S.O

Reviewed 11 May 2014

It was a busy Saturday night after the rugby and we came in a large (rowdy - sorry!) group to The Duke.
The service was brilliant, seamless and the food exceeded all my expectations. Delicious and piping hot, all 3 courses were amazing and the steak & chips was one of the best I've had. Great meal, I shall definitely be going to The Duke again.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We booked lunch for mid afternoon on Easter Sunday and arrived just as it he rush was lessening. We chose a seafood sharing plate between four of us and the waitress brought us an extra large prawn so that we had one each. The traditional roast beef was beautifully rare at our request