“Good value for Richmond.”

Riverside Hotel - Richmond
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Richmond
Riverside Hotel - Richmond
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Richmond
York
“Good value for Richmond.”
Reviewed 8 February 2010

This hotel is lovely. It's a typical old style terraced house in Richmond over looking the river. It doesn't have a lift because of the style of the house and the breakfast may be small but that's all you need.

We really enjoyed our stay here and found the staff and owners friendly.

There is no parking but this is Richmond. If you want all the fancy extras you should stay elsewhere, but if you want value for money you should stay here.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cowbellYork

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2008

We wanted a Hotel near to Hampton Court and this was one of the few with vacancies. It is ideally placed on the banks of the Thames and very near the centre of Richmond. We had a garden room with views over the river. Unfortunately parking the car was a nightmare with restrictions of one sort or another for quite some distance around the hotel. We ended up in a residential street a good ten minuted walk away.
The hotel itself was very old fashioned and somewhat haphzardly furnished and the corridors smelled strongly of deodouriser begging the question as to what it was that was being deodourised!
Breakfast was fairly basic.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dirk49

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Cardiff
Reviewed 24 November 2007

I booked to stay for 1 night with my partner and our 10 yr old child and had requested a non smoking family room with river view if possible.
The proprietor was offhand and unfriendly as we checked in and we were given a room in the top(attic) floor of the hotel, facing the busy road.
The room smelled of smoke, was cold and was small and shabby - in fact nothing like the quality of the rooms depicted in the hotel's website.
At £105 pounds it felt like we were being ripped off so we told the proprietor we weren't happy with the room and left to find somewhere else to stay.
Wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank CardiffTripper21
leeds, WEST YORKSHIRE
Reviewed 29 March 2007

We stayed at this hotel in August. When we arrived there was nowhere to park so we contacted the hotel for help. They said to pull up outside and they would move some cars. The lady owner came out in a foul mood and sat in her car shouting, swearing and cursing at the passing traffic, then smiling at us. Not the welcome we expected and to be honest she was rather scary. If they hadn't have got my card details and if I thought we could have found somewhere else we would have left. Other than that - it was ok, rooms ok, nice breakfast and a good location but I would not return to this hotel

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — barking mad owner
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank sueleedslass
Wales
Reviewed 22 August 2006

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at the Riverside Hotel when visiting Richmond for a friends wedding.
Firstly we were disappointed with the lack of parking available. There did not seem to be any parking attached to the hotel and when we stopped by the side of the hotel to ask the hotelier where we were to park we were directed to the NCP. This was quite a walk from the hotel (when carrying luggage) and expensive. We later found out that there were some spaces for the hotel but we were not told about them.
After a long check-in we were sent to the second floor - there was no lift and the stairs were very steep and too narrow to walk up with a case.
The room was clean but very small and in desperate need of refurbishment. The bed frame was broken in our room as well as one of the chairs. The en-suite was tiny and I felt quite claustrophoic when in there. The fan also produced quite a strong chemical smell which was unpleasant.
The cooked breakfast was very small and served on a side plate although you could have as much toast as you wanted.
The female staff were very nice although the owner of the hotel was quite standoffish.
I would only stay here again if there were no other rooms available in Richmond.

7 Thank pringc
Scotland
Reviewed 13 April 2006

We were with a wedding party. First of all I was somewhat surprised to find out that they had taken the money off my credit card three weeks before we had even arrived. When mentioning this was told that this was normal procedure when booking with a discounted room (wedding discount - which amounted to £10.00 per night). Accepting this we found out that other members of the party had not in fact had the amount discounted from their credit card - what if we had had to cancel?

I had asked for a river view but only doubles and single rooms have this - we had booked a twin. Why wasn't I informed of this? We had also booked a single room which was what amounted to an attic room with skylight(also very steep flights all the way), there were no doors on wardrope.

When we arrived we were given the key for the single room from a very pleasant girl but this was swiftly removed by one of the male staff who said that room wasn't ready - why? This was at 5.30 in the afternoon - room not ready? I think not....

The female staff in the hotel could not have been more pleasant which I unfortunately cannot say about the male staff one of which I presume was the manager. At breakfast one was downright rude to some of the guests. Also minimum toast, butter etc was given meaning we had to keep asking for more - fine if it was the female staff not so pleasant if it was one of the men. The cooked breakfast however was very good.

Wouldn't go back - it's not exactly cheap at £70.00 a night per person ....

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank JaneGScotland
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 September 2005

Three months ago I booked a double room at the Riverside Hotel with the intention of staying there the night before my wedding. A few weeks later I called the hotel to upgrade the room from a double to a suite. The employee I spoke to assured me the upgrade had been recorded. A week before my wedding I called again to verify the new instruction on the booking. (My best man and usher from out of town were expecting to stay with me in the room). The woman I spoke to didn't seem to understand English and after a tortured fifteen minute phone call it became clear that they had no record of the upgraded booking. I called back the next day and spoke to an incredibly rude manager who told me that they could not provide me with a suite and the best they could do is put a third bed in the room. I wasn't happy with the way I was being treated by the staff and a few days before the wedding I called and cancelled the room with another employee who seemed to have difficulty understanding English. The day before the wedding, I called again, just to be certain the hotel had recorded the cancellation. A new man took the call and told me not only that they had no record of the cancellation, but he also shouted at me and said I would have to pay the full amount. He even laughed down the phone when I said he was being unacceptably rude! I was furious and called back to speak to the manager, who, when I finally got him on the phone, called me a liar and said I was making my own wedding up in order to get special treatment. I got off the phone in utter disbelief and did not stay the night. The hotel charged me for the room anyway. These people are sharks! Do not even think about staying at the Riverside Hotel!

• Stayed August 2005