“Dinner at Bingham Hotel- Disappointing”
Review of Bingham

Bingham
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Richmond
London, United Kingdom
“Dinner at Bingham Hotel- Disappointing”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I live in the Richmond area and often go to the Bingham hotel for drinks. Have aalways found the quality of the staff in the bar to be high standard so was very excited to finally have a try of the restuarant.
Overall I was quite disappointed with almost every part of the meal.
Bread- usually the bread served at the beginning of the meal is an indication to be of the quality of the place I am eating. It therefore should have been a warning when the roll I had was incredibly hard to cut open, very dry and lacked any taste.
Starter - I ordered a duck egg / asparagas starter, but after I placed my order was informed by a member of staff that the item was part of the winter menu which had changed, so I needed to pick another item. Istead I ended up with the bacon risotto which I have to say was very lovely.
Main - My main course was skate, and lacked anything resembling texture or flavour. It was a very bland item that needed at the least more salt.
Dessert - I ordered the cheese plate but again wasn't really impressed with the quality of the cheeses I was given.
Service - The service was lackluster at best, the mistake with my starter being an example. The people who ordered cheese received their desserts 10 minutes before the rest of the table. We actually had to get up from the table and go find the server to find out where the dessert was.
Overall I was underimpressed and will stick to the bar for drinks.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Brigitka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I went on a lunchtime with some friends and we had the most amazing time. Food was incredible and unbelievable for the price! Service was wonderful and we were treated very well. I have recommended to others to go already before the lunchtime offer ends! Would defiantly go again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank China J
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Wonderful location with friendly staff. Our first room was right beside the road and very noisy. It was also very cramped. In fairness they moved us to a less noisey room. HOwever the bed in this room was so soft it was difficult to sleep. We mentioned this the next morning and to be fair they moved us to a far more spacious room with a more comfortable bed. What we had not factored into this move was the noise in the room overhead that went on for most of the night. We didnt want to complain again. Apart from this there is a lovely atmosphere to the hotel with wonderful staff. I would just be a little more cautious next time as to the location of my room

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We went to Bingham restaurant on Monday afternoon and it was one of the nicest meals we've ever had. Service is amazing, food is spectacular and the atmosphere is magical - everything just makes you feel really special and you're glad to share this beautiful time with your friends. Definitely coming back again. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had a most delightful family birthday lunch at Bingham. In a perfect situation with river views in Richmond, the bar and dining room are a little over designed for my taste but that is just my taste - (cannot see why anyone would paint a beautiful traditional moulded ceiling silver!) Overall the decor is restful and comfortable. The food was really very good indeed and the service exemplary. Even under duress, the waiter remained courteous and professional. He was placed in a completely impossible position by a diner who complained after everyone else had finished that course that their quail was pink (it was actually cooked and seasoned perfectly and was completely delicious!!) Their manner was very abrupt and they refused to allow him to replace it with something more to their taste.The waiter responded perfectly - well done!!! The rest of us had a really delightful experience and my husband and I will definitely return and recommend. I cannot comment on value as I was lucky enough not to be paying!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Twickenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed at The Bingham as a Birthday treat and a first night away for our baby. We really enjoyed our stay and the service was great. Only one very small complaint, the contents of the mini bar was a bit too fancy for its own good, there was no beer or wine (only champagne) and there was only one small bottle of still water, no 'normal' soft drinks, (I don't count Lychee juice as normal I'm afraid). As I said a very small complaint and easy to remedy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank Ms. W
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Lovely views over the river for a breakfast or brunch meeting. Sheltered from the weather and looking over the garden area one can only feel spoilt at the Bingham. Parking is limited but possible and not far from the centre of Richmond.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends