Shandon House Hotel
    Bingham(Richmond)
    • Pool
    • Pool
    View Hotel
    All reviewsbudget hotelshared shower roomcontinental breakfasttube stationdefinitely stay here againyogurtroom was cleannight's sleepshort breakrichmond townthe riverfree parkingtwickenhamkettlelinenstidy
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 31 March 2014

After a period of rough depressing hotels in Earls Court it was time to find somewhere offering better quality but the same budget as the rough end of Earls court so that's how I found the Shandon House Hotel. £40 per night offered a pleasant single room with shared facilities. It was clean well finished and relatively modern. Free wifi and continental style breakfast. The shared bathroom and toilet was clean and modern. The staff were friendly and breakfast starts at 6:30 which is a real bonus if you are working so I could get to central London by 7:15. The hotel is no more than 5 minutes from Richmond station and is on the 33 bus route taking you to Hammersmith, and the main Richmond high street is again no more than 5 minutes with a Waitrose only a few moments away. I will return to the Shandon without a doubt, its certainly a ideal place for the traveller on a budget wanting a good place to stay but close to central London.

Room Tip: Close to Richmond station and all the areas of west London
    • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
    Reviewed 17 March 2014

I had thought I booked a twin room for my sister and I but when we arrived it was a double but they had no trouble in changing it to a twin. We had a lovely big room at the front of the hotel. It can be a bit noisy with traffic and planes but that is not their fault. Good value for money and perfect for a short break with all amenities a short walk away. We didn't sample the breakfast so I can't comment on that.

Room Tip: A room at the back might be a bit quieter.
    • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
    Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Functional and clean room. Great welcome, manageress very helpful and accomodating. Good value for money. This hotel is a mere couple of hundred yards to the tube station. Residents are able to remain in room until mid day on day of checkout. No pretentions, just good plain VFM!

• Stayed: February 2014
    Reviewed 18 January 2014

I recently stayed 3 nights in the Shandon and wanted to say how pleased I was with my stay! I needed to be in Richmond for hospital appointments and did not have a large amount of money to spend, so ending up booking the Shandon as it was the cheapest in the area. I did not have high expectations!

Firstly, the staff were so friendly and helpful. The gentleman on the desk allowed me to check-in even though it was my friend was paying and coming an hour later, so I could sit in the room and wait. The twin room was a decent size, clean and had comfortable beds, with a large TV and free Wifi (which you don't always get in bigger hotels!) which was quick and worked well. The decor of the room was a little tired but all it really needs is a lick of paint and new curtains to brighten it up a little.

Breakfast was basic, (cereal, yogurt, tea, juice, coffee and toast) but for me this was fine as I cannot eat very much in the morning. There was an added bonus of a microwave for guests to use at any time in the breakfast room! This was perfect for me as I did not want to go out after my appointments so a quick ready meal to take to my room was ideal!

The room could be a little noisy due to traffic and planes overhead, but you are in London so for me this is expected. The floorboards also squeaked a little, but it is an old building so this cannot be helped. I still slept well and was not really disturbed.

I ended up having to change rooms as I needed to stay an extra night by myself and again the helpful gentleman said he would take my bags from my room and put them in my new room whilst I was out. Upon return, this was all sorted and there were no problems with my new room. He also let me use the reception computer so I could print out my coach tickets with no extra charge!

All in all, if you need a simple, friendly, cheap place (for London!) to stay in Richmond I would recommend the Shandon and if I was to visit the area again, I would definitely stay here!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
    1  Thank Sarah D
    Reviewed 12 December 2013

I cannot say anymore than the short stay was just perfect. Close to rail links, shops and eating, in fact the heart of Richmond. The hotel itself was clean, tidy and very friendly staff. It gets a 10/10 from me and I shall be using it more often.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business