“Comprehensive selection of products but not as good as expected”
Review of Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market
Ranked #84 of 315 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have been to this food store on several occasions and although I enjoyed looking around, I was not altogether satisfied. On my first visit a custome asked an assistant at the fruits stall about mangosteens and the assistant was not able to identify the fruit or give any information about it. On another occasion, I bought some bufflao milk which I later discovered had a use-by date for the day I bought it. Most stores will sell such products at a greatly reduced price. I was given a refund but the shelves had clearly not been checked properly. I wonder if having such a wide range of unusual products makes it more likely that products will still be on the shelves past their use before dates. This is an upmarket store and I would like to think hat they would provide an equivalent service.

1  Thank Roaming2011

Reviewed 11 May 2014

As above a nice addition to Richmond. I do think that the seating area is uninspiring and the having to queue with your food a turn off. Better if you are just taking away and it's a nice day so you can go sit on The Green.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

came across this place when i was walking around and i was absolutely wowwed by waht i saw .

it is a culinary experience to wander through the whole arae and it teases the senses and challenges the palate with its full range of whole and artesian foods

great coffee too
i could spend hours there just wandering around

1  Thank raymond090
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Eaten here twice recently. Firstly, the Mexican nachos. Stunning. Second time, from the curry buffet - better than any Indian restaurant I have eaten in. The latter not particularly cheap but then everything in the buffet is sooooo tempting, the amount builds up on the plate!

1  Thank Misstoddler
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Rather expensive and very big. More like an emporium really. The staff were super friendly, almost evangelical friendly, so they're actually genuinely nice, or it's 'grin or die' policy. I wasn't convinced by the food on either visit. The slice of spincachy pie I had, was pretty greasy and didn't feel very healthy.
I think what puts me off most is the faux market idea. It just isn't a market place, it's a hyper-market brand spinning from our health paranoia. As far a busy goes, the tables outside are not always full, even on sunny days.
Grocery foods:I wanted to see if they sold muesli, but the place was so vast, it was too daunting a prospect. Personally prefer the little pop up stalls for fresh food and interesting ideas.
Last resort visit for me.

2  Thank rue s