“very good”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“very good”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This resteraunt is in a prime location but is a bit off putting because its quite big not the most attractive taverna I,ve seen but don,t be put off the food and welcome you get makes up for it

Visited June 2014

• Greek first
Dubai
“Just walk away”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Takes a pretty bad experience for me to rate any place so low, but I would give this place a below terrible rating if I could. Took a walk from our hotel and on the way to the small church on the rocks the restaurant owner started shouting to us about how great his place is and we should try. On the walk back to Agia Anna, again we were invited to dine at his establishment. At this point it was borderline heckling, but we wanted to try someplace new in the town. We should have kept walking. Once inside you are offered some homemade wine from the owner, which is absolutely terrible stuff even though he seems very proud. Next you are invited to browse the cold case where tonight's delights await your viewing pleasure. Salads and a variety of meat are stored together, so you probably get an interesting flavor combination in the salads. My wife ordered a fruit salad and I thought a simple souvlaki wouldn't be too much hassle. The chicken souvlaki came out half cooked (raw!), accompanied by soggy cold French fries. The fruit salad was cold, but some of the fruit had mold or was soft. This didn't appear to be the kind of place you could safely send something back to the kitchen and expect any noticeable improvement to the food. I don't know why, but just to be out of the situation I asked for the check and paid the bill without complaining. The server did offer to cook the food more, but I just didn't want to risk it. If they can't even cook a simple kebab its not worth the risk. To my dismay they not only took money for the entire bill, they didn't even apologize for trying to serve us raw chicken. Please walk the beach front and see the difference. Lots of great little cafes to eat at on the beach, this place is not one of them.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank MCI-KBP
“Super food, super atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The wide range of fresh fish will have us returning again and again. Looking forward to my next Groupa and gemista

Visited September 2013
San Diego, California
“the best fried calamari in town ! the best fresh fish !”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

we spent 7 nights in naxos, which 5 of them we had dinner in this place, we were so glad we discovered it, the service is so friendly, the sunset view amazing, the quality and quantity of the food is also amazing, i can still long the hot cheese spread.... makes my mouth water ! there is no best place for dinner than this one, the calamari are so soft, the fish so fresh, perfectly grilled ! I miss their wine as well.... next year I will be back and enjoy those meals again !

• Visited September 2013
athens
“a must in Naxos”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

i love Gorgona restaurant!The portions are big and i still remember the first time we went there for lunch...! very reasonable prices with a family flair.

Visited September 2013