Cabogata Garden Hotel & Spa
  • Beachfront
US$117
Barcelo.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

US$196
US$64
US$52
  • Restaurant
Hotel Blanca Brisa(Almeria)(Great Value!)
US$99
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

US$70
  • Restaurant
Tryp Indalo Almeria(Almeria)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Restaurant
Sercotel Gran Fama(Almeria)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$62
Avenida Hotel(Almeria)(Great Value!)
US$81
Priceline
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
1,330 results
All reviewspool barentertainment teamkids clubfamily holidaymini discowater parkpastalife guardsthe thomas cook repfamily rooma lovely holidaybottle of watertransfer from the airportchildren and adultsplenty of choicejust returned from a weekbar staff
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

had a few issues, room was not aired opened balcony door , fell out of its runner, ( I lifted it back )..pull lever on shower was seized had to use a wet towel wrapped around to pull up with force, then ok, bar staff favoured the Spanish they more or less ignored you, beer run out was asked to wait until sorted no one else waiting no probs by time it was done a hoard of Spanish turned up..they were served first, the trained shoulder " so what " shrug 3 times latter 3 different staff pulled the same shrug, in dinning room a woman coughing when table serving drinks, I gave her a pkt of menthol sweets as she said she had a sore throat, tables were cleared so fast one bloke came back with a desert looked miffed a stood there eating it in aisle,..funny .yuup until it happened to me, food area was full of wild children running around as if a play area, after Spanish left it was " buggy time " .why ppl have to take these to fod counters is beyond me,..so it was rep time, phew a Q to see a chap called Bob..who just nodded at all & said he,d sort it,..enter the area rep chap called Mullet, who thought to baffle me with " I was a ABTA " rep prior.....so what? he sat there with a laptop tapping in what, final result " place was only opened day before arrival, & the waitress ? a the bar staff handling crisps with bare hands " Spanish standards are different " I informed him it was a recorded conversation, comps to my M/c cam..7& would inform Thomas Cook, who has not replied as of yet..so I left the Obnoxious bros & walked of...only to find all the Brits heard as kept telling me what the reps had said..phew a fair few....we will see..now Hotel, rooms were big, nice verranda...food was brill no probs there, when you got served drinks ok, ent for adults ..100% rubbish, kids catered for until 9.30pm after that silence, karoake adults finished 10pm...that was it...rubbish..hotel was clean, nice park at end gate to sea with nice walk to bar on corner with a few shops bus stop outside no 31 takes you in town, no 30 town & beyond all in all taking into account of reps..its a nice place.....oakey doakey

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank stan h
Garden H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Cabogata Garden Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Hassle,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts based on your holiday experience at our hotel.
We are pleased to know that the diversity of our buffet has been completely appreciated. Our food is one of our flagships and we are proud of the skill and taste of our chefs, whose goal is to fully satisfy our guests with their culinary variety.

We are excited to be so positively qualified by our cleaning service, it is for us a factor of vital importance and nothing is more pleasing to us than seeing our work reflected in the good impressions of our guests.

Naturally I am terribly disappointed and surprised that our staff members did not show case the usual level of hospitality which we pride ourselves on and I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the hotel. This is not something that usually happens. I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Regarding the room issues, we apologize and encourage you to tell our staff members immediately when something like this happens so they can offer a solution in situ.

We would like to thank you for this very helpful feedback and hope to welcome you back to our Hotel sometime in the future.
Sincerely, The whole team at Cabogata Garden Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I are currently 4 days in to our 10 day holiday and are having a great time!. I was initially worried after reading the reviews but can’t fault this place especially for the price we paid!. Let me just put my pennies worth into things people see as bad!.
1, It’s a family orientated hotel!, (as stated in the brochure).if you want night life or adult entertainment, look elsewhere
2, The food is like every other all inclusive you will go to!, if they didn’t serve chips etc, half the people here wouldn’t eat!, I like to try different things and so far the food has been great!, while we’re on the subject of food and drink!, people moan about having to wait to get served at the restaurant or bar!, it’s simple!!!, don’t go at peak times like they tell you too!, and if there’s a queue at the bar, give it a couple mins and it goes down!. I’ve been on hols where you help yourself at the bar!, and people go over the top and end you up having half drunk beer and people everywhere!.
3,Yes the pools are cold to begin with!, again!, just like every other holiday I’ve ever been on!. You’re hot water is cold!!. Do the math!.
4,Yes, it’s in a remote location!. I’ve been for a walk down to the beach (which isn’t the greatest). And we’re gonna go and see if we can get some shopping today so can’t comment to much!. But again!, if you want Benidorm you know where it is!.
5, My kids went with the kids club today!, (their choice), and had a great time!, the group that run this work tirelessly to keep people entertained and even when eating their lunch still say hi to the kids!.
6, Ok!, if you don’t like small birds, you might not like it here!. But again!, people leave half eaten stuff lying around!, and guess what!!, it attracts the birds for a free meal!. And as I’m from Devon!, I’d take a couple of sparrows over a seagull any day!.

In my opinion, this is a very well run hotel!, with friendly staff from the cleaners,to the receptionist!, nothing is to much trouble!. And it will take something drastic to change my view!.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Sithompson5150

Dear guest,
Thank you for your charming review. It is very rewarding for all the team to receive such feedback and praise.

We are thrilled to read your positive comments about our staff as we strive to provide our guests with a caring and personalized service and we lay high value on our personnel being guest orientated and welcoming at all times.

We are very satisfied with your comment about our gastronomic offer. Our chefs, every day, put all their effort into pampering our guests with new culinary options.

We are happy to read that our entertainment program has been entertaining. It is a real pleasure for us to know that the activities we offer our clients make a holiday full of entertainment.

We are really pleased that your stay was so satisfactory and we hope to be able to welcome you back here soon.
Best wishes, The whole team at Cabogata Garden Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is advertised as quiet location which isn't a lie! It's remote with nothing around and about! The hotel itself is lovely and their staff work very hard and are very friendly. If you go as a couple, there is literally nothing for you! If you go as a family, the children will have lots to do both day and night!

The evening entertainment is very poor, early evening for the children seems to go on and on and they still seem to take over once the later 'adult' entertainment starts!

Check in - we arrived on an early flight arriving at hotel around 10.30am We didn't expect room to be ready until around 12ish but after queuing 3 times we eventually got our room after 2pm! We had been up since 2.30am to go to the airport as had a number of other people who were also in the same position.

Food - lots of it but.......strange mixtures especially vegetables which are never just vegetables always mixed with lots of other bits! There are always chips but not much potato, steamed potatoes look black in parts and all seem to be undercooked! There was mash one day, but it was like baby puréed mash! Meat is always chicken, pork or veal, not the best cuts though, pork full of gristle and bone! Lots of salad and cold meats. Always something to eat but .........

Location - Remote! Quiet resort as advertised but there is quiet and quiet! Little area some 15-20 minutes walk cafe, pizza parlour, restaurant and a grocery shop, sorry couldn't call it a supermarket! It's very isolated!

Bus - very good service to Almeria town and cheap €1 and 5 cents. It is a town though so not really touristy other than site seeing!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 176catherine

Dear Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to read that you found our staff friendly - all the teams consistently strive to provide the highest standards so they will be very happy with your comments.

It is a pleasure for us that you highlighted our animation team. We have great professionals who manage with their work to make all our customers have fun and enjoy their stay with us. Your kind words will be transferred to our colleagues.

Our gastronomy is highly commended by most of the guests that try our Mediterranean Buffet restaurant, it is a pity to read that it was not what you were expecting.

Once again, thank you for your visit; we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and we look forward to welcoming you again at your earliest convenience.

Warmest Regards, The whole team at Cabogata Garden Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

We have had a fantastic family holiday and have made lots of memories we will treasure. I have been to another family resort before but with out a child, so do have some comparison. Entertainment team from the hotel its self provided a fantastic mini disco for the kids- Esther and Sonia were the most energetic and enthusiastic! Frankie (my little boy) loved Sonia and both Jens from Thomas cook. All three members of staff went above and beyond to welcome and include Frankie with all fun and games. Sonia, Jen and Jen made it easy for us to enjoy our holiday and helped us create fun memories of our first family holiday. Food was not fantastic, however is anywhere is Spain when all inclusive? Waiters, bar staff and servers were so friendly and all made an effort with Frankie to make him laugh and smile. Everywhere was very clean, cleaners were fab made our beds and tidied our room everyday. Pools were lovely, bit cold but soon got used to it. Spa was a lovely experience, was also my first time so can not compare. Only suggestion to the hotel would be to link the spa adult zones in with the kids club so adults could have a spa child free zone if they wanted.

Thanks for a lovely holiday. Special thanks to Sonia, Esther, Jen and Jen. Enjoy the rest of the season.

Love of love the Barber’s x

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lisa g

Dear Lisa,
Wonderful to hear you had an excellent stay! Thank you so much for your lovely comments on the service.
We are delighted to read the positive words you dedicate to our animation team, especially towards Esther and Sonia. It is always a pleasure to see the result of great work, planned with great enthusiasm, of our colleagues.

We thank you for your very nice compliments for our team of staff here, they do work very hard every day to make sure our guests feel well attended to at all times and definitely are an asset to our hotel. We will certainly relay your praising comments to all of them and we are sure they will be pleased to know their efforts have been appreciated.

Most of our visitors express their satisfaction with our gastronomic offer. It is true that in our establishment we receive clients of different nationalities, that is why our chefs work in preparing a varied offer to please all our guests alike. We are sorry that in your case we haven’t been able to fulfil your expectations.

We hope this was one of many great stays as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.
Best wishes, The whole team at Cabogata Garden Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

We arrived at lunch time, it took about 15 mins to check in. First impressions were very good, nice clean reception with helpful staff. We received our key card for our rooms (there was 3 families in our group) rooms were very nice, clean and quite big with nice bathroom and a balcony. There was a fridge in the room which I needed to keep my medication in, but the electric only worked if the key card was in it’s slot so obviously when leaving the room the electric stopped. I went to reception and it was no problem and they gave me another card.
The meals were much to be expected from all inclusive, there was always something for everyone to enjoy, and our lot are fussy! Staff were all very friendly and helpful nothing was too much trouble.
The pools were good although very cold! The kids enjoyed the water slides. There was never any problem getting a sun lounger. Towels can be hired from the spa, it’s 10 euros deposit and you can change it whenever needed. The spa itself is ok, we won a voucher for a free spa and I was the recepitant. I was really looking forward to having a massage, but when I went the spa was 2 jacuzzis 3 pools of different temperatures a Turkish bath and a sauna. If you wanted a massage then you had to pay more for it. Although it was nice in the jacuzzis it was a bit boring as I was the only one in there and I had 90 mins to spend. In the spa room there was also a gym with various equipment, we went a couple of times and it was ok.
The entertainment at night was nothing to write home about but the entertainment team did their best. There was mini disco every night for the children and later there was some entertainment from the team. We didn’t stay for much of this but the rest of our group stayed and they enjoyed it.
We went into Almería on Tuesday as this was market day. The market is held at the football stadium and wasn’t that big. It was also not very touristy, I’d say it was a typical Spanish market, which was ok but not what we were expecting. We travelled into Almería and again it was I assume a typical Spanish city, no tourist shops at all. Only souvenirs we got were brought from the hotels shop.
We went on an excursion on the Weds to mini Hollywood which I would recommend to any family although I think an extra couple of hours would be better so you could do all of the site.
Overall we had a fantastic holiday and had no complaints over the hotel or the staff and would recommend it to anyone who doesn’t want a very touristy vacation

Room Tip: Sea view for a quiet room
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Kate D

Dear Kate,
Thank you so much for taking the time to send in a review following your recent stay with us. It is really great to see that you all have had such a good time

Regarding your mention on our rooms, we are pleased to know that you have found the comfort and calmness that you wanted.
We are also pleased to read that you found our staff friendly - all the teams consistently strive to provide the highest standards so they will be very happy with your comments.

We are happy to know that the diversity of our buffet has been completely appreciated. Our food is one of our flagships and we are proud of the skill and taste of our chefs, whose goal is to fully satisfy our guests with their culinary variety.

Thank you very much for appreciating our fantastic animation team. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our scheduled activities met your needs. Our team puts all their effort every day so that each and every one of our guests enjoy it to the fullest, they invest all their enthusiasm in it and we wholeheartedly appreciate your positive comment.

Warmest Regards, The whole team at Cabogata Garden Hotel & Spa.