We enjoyed a short break- 4 nights - with HF Holidays. We had the 'Bishop's room' on the top floor of the old part of the house, which had probably the best view in the place. Room was huge, if a bit old fashioned, and for future stays we will book a room in the new wing.
As for all HF houses the meals were superb - without exception. Staff were brilliant and could not have been more helpful.
As a few other reviewers have mentioned this Hotel is owned by HF and the majority of guests are partaking of one of the walking packages. If you are booking independently please bear that in mind. The place is great, but is very much geared to HF guests and their activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alltshellach is a great base from which to explore the Scottish Highlands. Our Country House enjoys a splendid setting on the shores of Loch Leven, surrounded by breathtaking mountains. As the adventure capital of Britain, there are many ways to enjoy the great outdoors. Mountain walkers will love climbing the numerous Munros around Glen Coe, while mountain bikers, climbers and kayakers will also be spoilt for choice. In the winter the area offers skiing at Nevis Range and Glen Coe, plus some of Britain's most exhilarating mountaineering routes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Alltshellach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alltshellach Hotel North Ballachulish
- Alltshellach North Ballachulish, Scotland