This hotel has fantastic views of the surrounding loch and hills, especially from the pool and some of the reception rooms. The pool was nice and hot tub felt great after a log day. Putting the covers on the pool and taking them off was a bit of a faff and maybe a bit of a struggle for older people but wasn't an issue for me.
We had rooms in the new extension building and, based on other reviews, this was probably the best place to be. Our rooms were modern and clean, and we had an exceptionally spacious disabled room on the ground floor, and we had a good peaceful night's sleep.
The staff at the hotel are pleasant, friendly and welcoming, though breakfast felt a bit disorganised and the level of service didn't feel quite like a 4* hotel.
Whilst the setting, hotel building and rooms are great, the service level and restricted dining options mean overall a stay here is a bit expensive for what is on offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alltshellach is a great base from which to explore the Scottish Highlands. Our Country House enjoys a splendid setting on the shores of Loch Leven, surrounded by breathtaking mountains. As the adventure capital of Britain, there are many ways to enjoy the great outdoors. Mountain walkers will love climbing the numerous Munros around Glen Coe, while mountain bikers, climbers and kayakers will also be spoilt for choice. In the winter the area offers skiing at Nevis Range and Glen Coe, plus some of Britain's most exhilarating mountaineering routes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Alltshellach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alltshellach Hotel North Ballachulish
- Alltshellach North Ballachulish, Scotland