Stayed for 1 night...which was absolutely long enough!!! Horrid experience. No one there on arrival, just a key with a piece of paper telling us which room we were in.Our room was basic and up 2 flights of stairs, the second of which was rather difficult to negotiate with bags.No shampoo or shower gel, just a small bar of soap. No tv in the room which we had been aware of ,however there was no tv anywhere in the hotel (apparently it was hotel policy so that the guests would mix)which was annoying as I wanted to watch Wimbledon and didnt feel like mixing!! Breakfast was a communal affair, sharing a table with 6 others. When I said we would prefer to sit by ourselves we were told no! Breakfast...well, what can I say??? I ordered poached eggs and bacon...I was given I egg and I rasher of bacon!! My husband had asked for hashbrowns and scrambled eggs..and yes. you guessed it ....one hashbrown and a spoon full of egg!!! We wanted to play croquet, as the hotel advertised a croquet lawn. After about 1/2 hour a croquet set was produced and we set up the hoops,however I guess the staff didnt realise that a croquet lawn that is not mowed /rolled is a not really a croquet lawn, more a patch of bumpy overgrown grass. The views however were stunning and the pool was very good, but the overall feel was that of a glorified hostel and not a four star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alltshellach is a great base from which to explore the Scottish Highlands. Our Country House enjoys a splendid setting on the shores of Loch Leven, surrounded by breathtaking mountains. As the adventure capital of Britain, there are many ways to enjoy the great outdoors. Mountain walkers will love climbing the numerous Munros around Glen Coe, while mountain bikers, climbers and kayakers will also be spoilt for choice. In the winter the area offers skiing at Nevis Range and Glen Coe, plus some of Britain's most exhilarating mountaineering routes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Alltshellach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alltshellach Hotel North Ballachulish
- Alltshellach North Ballachulish, Scotland