Hotel Schloss Munichau
Hotel Alpenhof(Kirchberg)
All reviewscable carskiing tripcastlecharacterhistorybathliftsaunakitzbuhel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The property, which appears to be an old "royal" hunting lodge, is reasonably close to Kizbuhel and has good access to the ski hill via the Fleckalmbahn. It offers spectacular mountain views. My room was a bit on the small side and showing its age, but comfortable none the less. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was nothing special, but adequate.The best feature of the property is a reasonable price in a very pricey area.
Good value for the money and recommended.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bigger
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jorge_v
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Excellent position close to the Fleckalmbahn (for an easy access to the Kitzbühel ski area) and the city centre as well. The staff is friendly and the hotel is nice, quiet and clean with a good restaurant. Nice breakfast as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Toemmus
Reviewed 3 February 2014

just back from a 3 day ski weekend staying at the Schloss.We had three rooms, 2 in the chalet and one in the main hotel all of which were clean tho on the small side but fitted our needs. Breakfast was very good in a very pretty room. The beautiful setting of the hotel bar lounge area managed by a very friendly and knowledgeable bar tender sadly lacked atmosphere due to the lack of other guests which was a great shame. My only concern about this beautiful and historical hotel was the other Eastern European guests who were drinking their own drinks in the chalet lounge area which is a common occurance according to a member of the hotel staff. The spa area was clean and well maintained. i can understand from previous post why this hotel has recieved negative feedback and suggest the owners may want to have more visible staff on duty.A charming hotel with fantastic history and well worth a stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Thank you so much to the Team at Schloss Munichau. My husband and I had a wonderful time at your hotel.
Compliments where compliments are due! The food and service was amazing. The room and the spa were exactly as I imagined them to be and more, I for one was NOT at all disapointed. The location is well, just amazing and perfect for a well needed shortbreak.
We will DEFINATLEY be going to this wonderful hotel again and can´t wait to see what it looks like in winter =)).
Thank you once again.

Room Tip: The Turmzimmer is amazing costs a litte bit more but is so worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alison C
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed in this hotel for four nights in August 2013. We had junior suit room on the first floor faced on the road. There were not too much cars passing by so that was not a problem at all. The room was quite big, with two windows. As far as we were traveling with 1 year son we were offered baby bed produced I guess in 1500 - it was in terrible condition.

As I understood they do not use vacuum cleaners in the hotel - or maybe only our room was not cleaned for 4 days.

When I was booking the room I have called three times to the hotel! After the third time I thought that everybody understood everything. But anyway when we came on the place, we went to the dinner (that was included in our half-board) but then we were told, that they didn't got any information that we have half-board. When I asked to show me prices in the final confirmation e-mail that they have sent they showed prices for staying with HB! Anyway they said that they have nothing prepared and suggested to have dinner a la carte. The food was of good quality but the size of portions was like in good French restaurant.

Breakfast - I hardly can call it a breakfast. This is some kind of hunting. First you need to hunt for the food, as far as serve plates are small - cheese and ham disappear very fast! Second you need to catch a water. Maybe all of them on vacation at moment because on the whole place there were only two of them, running like meteors with low effectiveness. When you have cached one you can order tee, coffe and scrambled egg that comes on additional costs.

Second evening we had very interesting situation with HB again. They have told that they have no food to make complete 3 gang HB for us. That means that my five had 2 gang HB and I was offered triple desert instead!

Next day we decided to go Wattens and Insbruck for the whole day and decided to have dinner there.

On check out again I had a question, but left it unsolved as far I didn't want to spoil good morning. Anyway for the two rooms we were charged more or less 70-80 euros extra.

So in conclusion - this hotel is not designed for traveling with small children - you won't find any playground (honestly there is one in the hotel across the road). The same with evening walking, there is simply no place to go everywhere darkness with no lights.

If you are a fan of dust smell, rooms that are not providing feeling of hygiene, noise floor, noisy bed, small bathroom and towels with smell - you are welcome) if not, batter look for another location.

• Stayed: August 2013