“Peaceful place to be:)”

and 1 more site!
Resort Svata Katerina
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pocatky
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Great place to spend weekend or even the whole week with your partner or friends. Absolutely stunning spa, nice outdoor whirlpools (especially pleasant during winter when the surroundings are covered with snow), great restaurant and friendly staff...Honestly recommended

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marek T
There are newer reviews for Resort Svata Katerina

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I am not so much into wellness, but the spa really looks good and the Thai massage was one of the best I've ever had. Food is also very nice, and the staff was extremely helpful. The best part is the nature. Surrounded by deep and clean forrests, we rode horses and took a great hike. After two days we came back home refreshed, feeling healthy and with a clear head.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have been invited for this relaxing weekend by colleague to slow down from everyday's hustle and experience inspiring magic of calm environment and silence. Reading other reviews I feel kind of amused...

I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed my stay admirably well!

Pros:
- silence!
- no cellphone signal (O2), strange but I loved that
- solid Wi-Fi
- no TV's
- great food, great service - everybody was in a good mood, smiling and positive
- OUTSTANDING Thai massage, that dude has golden fingers
- beautiful horse rides
- untouched nature and fresh air
- tasty water
- gorgeous female guests

Cons:
- weather was bad but it's nothing that would mather
- lack of social program with strangers, you have to be more creative than usual to pick up, but maybe it's just me

There are always people who just do not get the point and reading some review I was like "Would you buy a Ferrari for offroad race?".

Room Tip: Go for the Pinot all the way!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michal K
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is a second time I visited Resort Svata Katerina and I cannot talk more HIGHLY about it! It was truly recharging experience again. Absolutely FANTASTIC place to unwind! Perfect location in the middle of an absolutely beautiful nature. The trees around the resort are phenomenal! We had polite and pleasant stuff helping us. The massage was just fantastic ( and I do a lot of massages! ). The Balinese masseur has magical touch - truly! There is a lot of great and healthy food to choose from and please do try their BRAMBOROVE SISKY S MAKEM. Those are to die for!!! The beds are super comfy to sleep on. The yoga class we attended with Zuzana Klingrova was a BLISS! WE LOOOOOOVED the place and can't wait to visit it again! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I spent one night - two days business trip in the hotel with other 60 people. Location of parking away from hotel has advantages and disadvantages aswell. the same with lack of signal for cell phones, wifi only in lobby and meeting rooms. Missing TV in the rooms - someone can be surprised aswell. Main issue I see - passive employees. They behave like they are the first day in their jobs, unwilling to help to customers at all. Providing incorrect information /about name of building you have your room in - there are several separate buildings/, about usage of credit cards / in time of ordering they confirmed they accept AMEX, in time of payment terminal mystically not working/, not telling us what wellness include, what we can use, finally it appeared that outside jaccuzi is booked just for our group - employees at wellness reception did not say a word to us about it./I actively asked /... Passive staff at the restaurant -no one cleaned tables overloaded with dirty dishes after breakfast. In time of lunch just one person dedicated to our group /60 people/ to serve lunch to all of us.... To sum up - horrible disaster and awful experience for me.
If you are individual traveler coming for romantic weekend, the place can be ok for you. Keep in mind that if you stay not in the main building, you can forget to go into wellness in the bath suit - buildings are not connected with any corridor. It is important to mention that the isolated location of the hotel separated from outside world forces you to eat and get service mostly in the hotel only, including the hotel prices / soup 70 kc, dessert 170 kc etc. / At the end of the day you can be surprised, how much you spend...
Wellness world has very uncomfortable set up of steam and sauna areas - far away from each other. the steam down the steps below the inside whirpool - this is a nigh mare - slippery floor, water everywhere, no handrail anywhere. Even wearing a flip-flops, I almost broke my leg. Pavement chosen for this area must be unti -slip due to the security, which is not here for sure. Imagine you have small kids with you.....
Broken light in the steam room - receptionist come to us into the room and told us- well, this light is broken ok?, Enjoy the stay.... Why customers are said this? Shouldn't she go rather to the maintanance guy with such issue? Unfortunately, it is just one of many pure situations I faced during only two days. /smell in the steam room - obviously poor cleaining lately etc.../ All in all, employees obviously do not know how to behave to customers. No one tell them, no one train them, no one manage them. I see a huge issue in management here. I would change management of the hotel immediately if I were the owner.
Price the hotel requests contra service they provide is unbelievably poor - My expectations are much higher. I would not visit or recommend anyone this hotel for a visit - it is waste of money. There are different -as nice places as this one in the deep nature- but with friendly and well behaving staff to customers and well serviced hotel.
Jana Randakova

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jana R
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We'we spent a magical weekend in a very special place where it is possible to combine the calmy and relaxing atmosphere of this magic place where you can enjoy the magnificent spa, a healthy and fantastic food and very nice and comfortable rooms with a large variety of all type activities!
We had a magnific horse rided tour, a relaxing golf training and a very nice morning running activity in group!
We're really looking forward to come back to czech republic to spend some days in Svata Caterina again!!!;)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaume S
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Beautiful place to spend family weekend. We were there during family days already twice and surely come back. There are special foods on menu for children, children's chairs available, you can borrow also baby bed and in specific hours you can go to wellness with children. Everything clean, and very pleasant stuff.

Room Tip: We recommend to book a room in main building, because you can use baby monitor while sitting in the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 134Andrea
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocatky
Chateau Heralec - Boutique Hotel & Spa by L'OCCITANE
Letohradek sv. Vojtech
Letohradek sv. Vojtech
#1 of 2 in Pocatky
Wellness Hotel Harmony

Been to Resort Svata Katerina? Share your experiences!