“Very welcoming”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We visited late on a Friday night, so this review covers the restaurant part of the building. The host and staff were superb, friendly and welcoming. Food was excellent, and prices in line with similar restaurants. The menu had a good mix, and plenty of veggie options which was a bonus.

It'd be interesting to see how the cafe side compares during the day, which if it's being operated by the same chef and front of house will hopefully be superb.

1  Thank Rufus S

Reviewed 10 March 2014

If you wan't a good honest review, this is it.

No.1 We turned up just as they were closing "Very Hungry" The Owner went the extra mile to re-open the kitchen to feed us. "That's a 10 out of 10 there" We were not just turned away!

No.2 The food was without a doubt restaurant quality. Trust me I have been around the best that's out there and I am not talking high street packet food junk. Professional food prepared by a CHEF.

No.3 The coffee is without a doubt top draw, this is a must!

No.4 If this were a franchise at any time and you were looking to invest, this would be a great safe place for someone to dump your money.

No.5 The menu is an ecliptic mix of styles that seems to work very well, it is clear concise and extremely good value for money.

No.6 Would I eat here again, to be honest I would 110% Trust me you will also. They have a web site so I am sure the menu and stuff are on their. www.reddogcafe.co.uk

Now, If I read this review I would be 100% convinced that this was written by a friend or relative.
All I can give you is my word, I was shopping in Braintree village and I had to get photos done for our passports. The machine was not working so I put in the sat nav nearest supermarket, it sent us * Miles to Tiptree, so whilst there I thought it would be a crime not to see the well advertised Jam factory as I have also eaten the stuff all over the world in Hotels for breakfast!!
There was a food hall at the factory but the sun was out and so was every family member within a ten mile radius and all their kids. So I said lets not wait for food, it's very busy and noisy, lets try somewhere on the way back, that's when we stumbled upon this place. At first I could not make out, if it was a Pub or a cafe but we pulled in anyway (Great Choice).

I have never given or even felt to give a restaurant and Cafe a review but I think this place and the people there deserve some credit, it seems to be a fledgling place but I foresee with the right ambition this place is going to make a big name for itself.
Drop in now whilst its not packed to the rafters and cheap enough to eat in.

2  Thank FloridaSun2014
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Just had a fantastic breakfast the Red Dog Café. Very tasty and excellent quality, would most certainly recommend it.
Definitely going to try Red Dog for lunch and dinner. The menu looked great and if it's anything like the breakfast it will be superb.
Don't be put off by the name, it's far more than a café.

1  Thank Erksome
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stopped on the way home from Tiptree for a family lunch. Quite a small eating area but very relaxed and the staff were attentive. The food came quite quickly and was really nice with big portions. I had "The English Burger" which was cooked to perfection and came with a lot of sides (Fries, onion rings, bacon and rocket salad). I though the price was extremely reasonable as well, I've paid more in Gastro Pubs for lesser food.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Went to the blue anchor just for a coffee but was told we couldn't have one unless ordered with food, so we went down the road to the red dog cafe and was welcomed by the lovely staff. We had 2 coffee's each as they taste amazing. We looked at the menu and they have lots of variety at good prices. The atmosphere was buzzing too. We will be back

2  Thank Debra1978