“Watch for theft” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in West Kelowna
Coldstream
“Watch for theft”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. I stayed there April 13th and 14th and while I was out of my room someone went into my zipped up suitcase and stole my iPad. It would just be creepy to stay there now knowing that when I'm not looking someone is going through my personal belongings looking for something to steal.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms because someone will steal from you no matter what room you're staying i...
Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank feelingsad59
BWwinecountry, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
I was truly sorry to hear that the guest had such an unfortunate incident. We do have safes in the rooms, the guest chose to leave her computer in the room, we all wish that it would not have happened, had and extensive investigation, however, nothing came to the surface.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sundre, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

My siblings (4 of us) plus our families stayed at this hotel last weekend (and some of us for a few days previously) and were treated like Kings. We were mourning the passing of my mother (grandmother and great grandmother to some). The staff were compasionate, helpful and caring, going out of their way to be helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Special kudos to Alanna and Jasmine who went far beyond the line of duty to be helpful. The "hot" breakfast was a major plus.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the rear to get the golf course/mountain/lake views. Upgrading to a family suite...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Salt Spring Island, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We had a good stay on our third visit to the hotel however they have a strange checkin deposit policy. I provided a credit card when I reserved and even prepaid my stay when I arrived so I could have a speedy checkout however they still took a $200.00 deposit.. Since I have been there twice before, I was left scratching my head. They do have a better breakfast now and the room was comfortable but that strange policy makes me reconsider visiting again , especially in such a competitive hotel market.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DrewUnderwood
Wembley, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

This is a fantastic hotel. New and very classy rooms. Try to get even numbered room for a view of the lake, mountains and golf course that is just across the street. I'm best western platinum so I got an automatic room upgrade to a fantastic suite. Two bathrooms, granite counter tops, two televisions. It ended up costing only 101 for the night. Breakfast was as good as any other continental so nothing fantastic but normal. very quiet. matress was just right and a good selection of pillows. excellent nights sleep

Room Tip: even numbered rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWwinecountry, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
MAany thanks for your kind response. we are lso in the process in changing our breakfast, healthy bread and cereals.
We do enjoy helping our guests as much as we can, especially with upgrades.
We do hope to see you again at our hotel,

warm regards
Elfriede Schmoll
Penticton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend for a night. It was a last minute decision to get out of town I searched using the tripadvisor app for my iPad. We got a great deal through booking.com, a king room for 104.00 a night. Let's start by saying this is a new hotel, so it is clean and lovely. The front desk staff was so nice and friendly, check in quick and painless. Our room was lovely, big king sized bed, down duvet, 6 fluffy wonderful pillows. Had a fridge and microwave as well as flat screen tv. The room was very clean, and quiet. The pool and hot tub was a lovely way to relax after a long week. The waterside is a blast, very fast we adult folks enjoyed it very much. The lobby is lovely with couches and fireplace, beautiful light fixtures. The hotels is within walking distance to shopping, and some great restaurants. As well as right beside a lovely golf course, that my husband has golfed before and really liked. In the morning, the silver bowls in the hallway wer filled with apples, oranges and bananas, which was wonderful snack without having to go anywhere. There is fresh coffee in the lobby at all times. Our stay included a surprisingly good breakfast, much better then a lot of the hotels include, waffle machine, eggs, bacon, cereals, yogurt and lots of choice for bread and pastries, great coffee The women working the area was friendly, and kept the food very well stocked even though we came during the last half hour they would be open. For the price we paid, we thought this was excellent and would highly recommend it

Room Tip: Use the tripadvisor app for iPad if you have it, gave me all the different companies to book through...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
West coaster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

This is a relatively new hotel so it looks very clean. It is quite conveniently situated. There are quite a few restaurants nearby. There is a water slide and hot tub which is very nice, fun for the family. The breakfast was quite good though there was a long line for the waffles. The only slight negative is noise especially if your room is next to the pool area. We found the shelf where the microwave sits on quite dusty. One of the TV remote was missing the battery cover which we reported to the front desk but no action was taken. There was some hair in the bathroom sink but this is quite a small issue.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the pool area. The noise from the HVAC and the car traffic outside could ruin your...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ValueHunter969
Sooke, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

After a long night of driving, I found myself passing through West Kelowna on my way to Salmon Arm. After seeing the Tim Hortons sign from the Highway, I stopped in to get a coffee to keep me awake. Right across the parking lot from Tim Hortons is the Best Western.

I figured I'd poke my head in and ask how much a room went for. After walking in the beautiful lobby and being greeted by a young friendly female front desk agent, and getting a reasonable rate, I decided to call it a night.

The room had a King sized bed and was nice and comfortable. Room was clean,also nice and quiet and overall the hotel was very clean.

In the morning breakfast was fabulous! Bacon,eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, and WAFFLES!

After eating a couple waffles, I figured I should check out the fitness centre (summer is coming). It had a nice variety of equipment, and was one of the better ones I've seen at hotels. The pool I didn't use but it had one. Waterslide too.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Islander124
BWwinecountry, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Many thanks for your comment on Tripadvoisor. This is exactly what we want our guests to feel when staying with us- good memories
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Kelowna
Super 8 West Kelowna BC
#5 of 5 in West Kelowna
Central City
Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!