“THE place in stay in Westbank & Kelowna” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Hotel & Suites

BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in West Kelowna
Vancouver, Canada
“THE place in stay in Westbank & Kelowna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

I have stayed here several times since it opened, both on business and leisure.

The rooms are large and airy with tasteful decor. Ask for a room overlooking the golf course and you are rewarded with a balcony from which you can see Mission Hill and the surrounding country side.

The beds are just right - not too hard, not too soft and have duvets with crips white sheets and fluffy pillows. The furniture is all dark wood and every room has a large TV. The bathrooms are large and clean with an abundance of hot water and baths nice enough to actually bathe in.

Wireless internet is included in the price and works in each room I have stayed in. The breakfast buffet includes waffles, toast, fruit, cereal yoghurt... so you can be as healthy or otherwise as you desire. 19 restaurant at the golf club is great for a treat, or the pub across the car park for appys and drinks.

The staff are very friendly and helpful and the price is right

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cochrane, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

The staff and services were great in this new hotel. Has a pool and waterslide great for the kids and a weightroom for working out.

The airconditioning is a little tricky to tinker with.

The breakfast is free and is very detailed.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
kelowna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

This was the first time I had stayed at the Best Western in Westbank although I have stayed frequently at Best Westerns. When I arrived it was very late (early morning Saturday). The night duty front desk gentleman was extremely pleasant. I was looking for a single room for the night and all were booked up; he offered me a suite for close to $200. I was soo tired and this was unaffordable for me. He offered to call the Comfort Inn down the road for me, saving me the trip. They had a room but I thought better of it and decided to take the comfort of the suite, having just driven for 8 hours. He decided to let me have the suite for a reduced rate. When I entered the suite I was stunned at how upscale it was. I have stayed in many beautiful hotels... the Crystal in Montreal, the Pan Pacific in Vancouver but this was, hands down, the most beautiful. Granite counter tops, nice sized bathroom with granite again, kitchen/living area was huge. All fixtures... lights, etc. were superb quality and the bed was enormous with about four pillows going across it. The room was well worth the original fee and I have to say it would rate a 10 on my scale. Really, really nice.
Then I had breakfast and it was serve yourself and the selection, waffles, all cereals, juices, coffees, teas were excellent.
Seriously, just very happy with this hotel and when I awoke in the morning I had no idea there was a golf course right outside the window! Beautiful view.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2010

This was a pleasant surprise: for only $139 a night in almost high season, this is a newer hotel with friendly staff and nicely appointed rooms. I had a giant room, with a king bed, flat screen television, free wireless internet, large bathroom, comfortable bed and great comforter. I've stayed in other Best Westerns which were a nightmare, but if you're looking for a place to stay in Kelowna and have a car, this might be a good alternative since it's clean, new, and comfortable. I worked out in the small but well equipped gym which was also good, and it's connected to a little strip mall that has a few restaurants to choose from and a Tim Hortons. I might not come here for a vacation, unless I'm looking for a budget place to stay that's comfy and close to wineries, but for a stopover for work, I think it's a good choice.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cphelmer, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2010
Thank you for acknowledging the quality and value of our property. Our location in a quickly developping community close to golf, wineries beaches and more makes us an attractive vacation destination for some but we are more than happy to accomodate those on a work stopover as well. We appreciate any and all feedback as it is the only way to truly evaluate both our service and facility and we look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

I used to work in a hotel so I probably notice things others do not.

I will run though My experience in order of what I encountered.

Making the reservation they claim to have a online price guarantee but it is very difficult and time consuming, I gave up. The best price was through priceline so I would check all the online sites before bothering with the hotel directly.

Getting to the hotel from the hiway was really easy and parking was close and well lit.

There is a restaurant and Tim hortons in the same parking lot. Walmart is across the hiway but don't plan on getting there walking as the hiway is too busy to cross.

At checkin there were 2 clerks it seemed one was in training. My key card didn't work so I had to go back to the front desk to get them to re program it.
I asked for an upgrade to non hiway side, which I received. The backside rooms have small decks with only one chair. The view is great but I couldn't enjoy it with My spouce.

The room was huge and clean with a comfy king size bed and good size desk. The TV was small for the size of the room and I couldn't figure out how to order a movie, which is probably My ignorance.

The pool was dirty with gum wrappers and gum all over the pool floor.

Overall My stay was average, but next time I will take the extra drive to kelowna or stay at the holiday inn.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nyeoman
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay, comments like yours give us vital information regarding both our successes and our failures. I wish to apologise for the less than satisfactory experiences you encountered during your stay and assure you that we take our guests feedback to heart and use it as a valuable tool to improve the guest experience at our property. I invite you to come back and experience the difference a few short months can make.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

When we first arrived at the hotel, I was very impressed. Rooms were new, modern and beautiful.
Pool was a little small considering it had a pretty fast waterslide, but still good. Water was a nice temperature and breakfast was good.

My problem was with the hot tub. The first day we went in, my eyes stung from the chemicals. Others also complained. It was like a very strong bleach smell as well. The next day we went in the smell wasn't as bad. However, the hot tub bleached my bathing suit from the chest down. Also, my brother'n'law's bathingsuit had bleached from the day before (which I didn't realize until I showed him mine). My mother'n'law silver bracelet changed from silver to a pewter finish (hopefully silver polish will fix it). I went to the front desk to let them know about the bathingsuit and that I had health concerns about all the chorine. They offered me $20.00 off our stay but my bathingsuit cost $40.00 and my main point was that there was a problem with their system. However, I do not believe my point was taken. But to bleach our bathingsuits, cause eye discomfort, and we ended up scratching for several days. We also had as well had a very strong bleach odor to our skin skin that took about 3 days to finally go away. THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR HOT TUB SYSTEM. I suggest testing it yourselves. Please wear your nicest bathing suit so you can understand that $20.00 and no apology doesn't quite fix the problem.

Otherwise it was a nice hotel, but I could not stay until I knew the hot tub was fixed (I wouldn't mind an apology about the bleached bathingsuits as well).

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank c0lc0n
On behalf of all of our staff I wanted to apologise for the problems you experienced with our hot tub. Your experience led us to discover that their was a problem with the controler for our hot tub that we have since been able to remedy. I assure you that our hot tub and pool are inspected and manually tested twice daily by our maintenance department. I would encourage you to give us another oppurtunity to show you the true value our service.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

Very good value option for the wine country if you have kids...on the outskirts of town, but a 5 minute drive up the hill to Mission Hills and Qauils Gate - and you are already on the way down to wine country . The staff were ALL very nice, free breakfast is basic, but clean and well organized, housekeeping was spot on. Golf course right out the back and an Irish Pub right out the front. Cafe Artistano, best coffee in BC across the street, five minute walk for a cuppa. We have no complaints, which for our mob of 5 families was a major achievement as most 5 stars haven't acomplished as much! LOL!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Super 8 West Kelowna BC
#5 of 5 in West Kelowna
Central City
Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!