Super 8 West Kelowna BC
Best Western Plus Wine Country Hotel & Suites(West Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$168
BestWestern.com
US$135
US$120
Priceline
The Cove Lakeside Resort(West Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$228
TripAdvisor
US$180
US$154
  • Pool
Hotel Zed Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$157
The Royal Anne Hotel(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$136
US$343
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
The Royal Private Residence Club(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$467
Siesta Suites(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$148
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleannice sizeexercise roommini fridgehousekeeping stafffree breakfasthockey tournamentpool and hot tubeasy accesslong weekendhighway
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Basic no frills motel with quite tired but spacious rooms. Just off Highway 97 the location is nothing special but is fine for an overnight stay, and we found 4 wineries within a short taxi ride or half hour walk.
The breakfast was surprisingly good and was included in the cheap price.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Simon V
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Dirty, odors, no fridge, in need of major repairs.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank b4ustop
Reviewed 24 August 2011

The rooms were dirty and the management was very rude!!!
We picked this hotel because it was central for tours we had booked! But the beds were dirty, and the staff was not helpful!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 90Roxy
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Pros – cheaper than most of the other Kelowna hotels; reasonable value
Cons – need to drive 5 – 10 mins to get to Kelowna town centre; thin walls; mediocre breakfast

This is my 2nd time staying with this hotel. We had a promotional code and paid $99/night for a standard room with 2 queen sized beds. The lobby was updated but not the standard rooms. I was told their luxury rooms were updated but I didn’t want to pay extra for it. There was no elevator and it was a bit of a workout to carry the luggage onto the 2nd floor (where we stayed).

Room was generally clean. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was small but manageable. Walls were a bit thin though and this could be a problem if you have noisy neighbours. The hairdryer smelled burnt if you use it continuously for more than 5 mins. Breakfast is free so don’t expect too much.

Overall, this is not a bad choice if you are on a budget and don’t mind driving 5-10 mins (each direction) to Kelowna town centre.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Our experience was horrible.

First, I called 1-800-4Comfort. I did some checking on the different hotels in the area and found a Comfort Suites that I wanted to stay at. Unfortunately, once I got to that location, they said I didn't have a reservation with them but with another Comfort Inn about 30 minutes away. They were full so couldn't help us but directed us to the other hotel.

When we checked in at the new location, we were immediately harrassed. First, they claimed that our confirmation number was invalid and part of a scam. Although I made the reservation well in advance through 1-800-4choice, they argued and claimed I must have done it on the internet through some other group. I told them I booked through their main # and gave my debit card as I avoid using credit cards.

The lobby was busy, so the desk clerk gave me keys to the room and said we'd work it out after she took care of the other guests. I was traveling with my sister and her two liittle girls (6 yrs and 12 yrs). It was hot out so we started changing into our bathing suits, just to have someone come into the room. There was no knock or any other warning. Luckily I've stayed in enought rooms to put the security bracket into place. When I asked who it was, I realized it was the desk clerk who had invaded the room and said we had to pack up and leave immediately.

She claimed they didn't recieve payment and I would have to pay again as they were all booked up and couldn't give me a room wihtout securing another charge. Even when I pulled up my authorization on their provided internet system, they claimed my e-mail was false and that no reservation was there for me. When I looked over their shoulder and saw my name on their reservation list, they still refused me a room.

Since the room had a strong odor of stale smoke (and it being called a non-smoking room), them violating us by coming into the room unannounced, and their refusal to help resolve the situation, rather their continued use of the term "scam" and us being at fault, I told them I'd stay in my car before I'd ever stay with them again. If for no other reason, I really questioned our safety if they could come into the room at their pleasure.

Of course, I have a stop payment with my bank to deny this transaction. But If you want safe accommodations and want to avoid drama like this (which from start to finish lost us 4 hours of time playing in Kelowna), stay away from this place!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family