“Very nice”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in West Kelowna
Summerland, Canada
“Very nice”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Excellent place to stay I checked in and the clerk John gave me an upgrade to a upstairs unit. which was extremely nice. Beds were so comfortable and nice furniture in the room. Came back downstairs and asked about some dining options and John printed me out directions to three different restaurants. Quailsgate was the one i chose and it was excellent. i would highly recommend this hotel for quality and service

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are very quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris R
Hotel M, General Manager at Super 8 West Kelowna BC, responded to this review, 9 December 2012
Dear Guest,

We are all so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and more importantly, came back to visit our beautiful city!! All of us look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in West Kelowna.

Kirk Pankey, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 28 August 2012 via mobile

Old and in need of an upgrade but the most reasonable place ironman weekend. The room was clean, dated and pink, but ok for a place to sleep. Our reserrved room was rented out but we were given a free upgrade to a different room, which unfortunately did not allow dogs

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay!!

Our hotel team just took this hotel over and have been working hard on the hotel improvements . Just a little feedback regarding recent hotel improvements....The hotel public space went through a major renovation to include a new lobby (furniture, wallpaper, carpeting). The hotel now features a 24 hour coffee and tea service, and a new computer center. A new restaurant and bar is coming soon. We had the entire exterior of the building painted nad have installed new security features. The fitness equipment is also just under a year old. Lastly, we are in the midst of improvements to our second floor guestrooms, with new furniture, pillow-top mattress, and new upgraded linen.

Please know that your honest feedback is very much appreciated. We hope that you give us another opportunity in the future as I am confident we will meet all of your expectations.

Kirk Pankey, General Manager
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Quality has dropped n the last couple of years. Although the carpet in our room looked new, doors were difficult to open and close. We couldn't adjust the shower head, and most of the lamps need the shades replaced or the switches repaired. TV's are falling apart and the decor in general hasn't been updated for years. The 'Continental Breakfast' is all toast and cereal, poorly kept up and looks more like an army mess hall. One toaster for the whole place leaves you waiting 5 to 10 minutes to get some toast. Better to bring your own food since there aren't any restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Even though it was close to the venue we had come for and the middle of summer, it seems as though the price we paid was a little high for what we got. Last but not least, it is not a non-smoking hotel. Will try a different hotel next time we are here.

Room Tip: Second floor would be quieter, noise travels down through the floors.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these West Kelowna hotels

BC
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel was a Comfort Inn when we booked but changed to a Super 8 before we arrived. It had offered a full continental breakfast which they changed to a dispenser of cereal, a couple of loafs of bread and a bowl of fruit. Apparently when it changed names, the same owners dropped their level of service. Our first room smelled so stale we were almost gagging, the second room (a non-smoking room) smelled so badly of cig. smoke our eyes were watering, finally our last room was bareable but dirty.
Upon talking to the front desk, we found out that there was only one clerk on despite there being a full hotel with multiple tournament groups, she was over worked and exhausted. I spoke to the cleaning lady who told me she had been working 12hour shifts to try to keep up with the laundry and cleaning. I cleaned our room daily myself, and only asked them to take out the garbage and replace the towels because I felt so sorry for them.
I spoke to the man on the front desk the next day and complained about the breakfast and he assured me the owners would be providing a full breakfast the next morning...they added mini-muffins! the milk and juice were warm and there was only one toaster for a full hotel of guests.
I ended up at Tim Hortons and spent $60 on bagels and muffins (over 2 days) so our girls could eat a proper breakfast before their tournament.
Upon checking out, we all went to the front dest and told her we wouldnt be paying $129 per night for our hotel, she let us know that our complaining was nothing new, she deals with this all day with every customer!!!
The staff although over-worked were really nice...the non-existant owners ought to be ashamed of themselfs...what a disgusting hotel!

Room Tip: book somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This hotel has the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
My wife and I book two days in advance for this hotel and drove up to stay from Vancouver, when we arrived at the hotel we were told there was no reservation for us and that even though we had a email confirmation number they wouldn't help us at all. In fact we were told by the receptionist Nytesha? That it wasn't the hotels problem or fault that they didn’t have the reservation and we were told the last guest had already checked in for the night at 930 pm. While my wife and I couldn’t understand what was going on we insisted that perhaps they had misplaced the documentation of our stay. We were told this was impossible and that we should leave it we didn't like what we were being told. The receptionist and the supervisor were the two most disrespectful staff members at a hotel I have ever seen or heard about by far, from the second we walked in to this dingy hotel we were hit with the most negative sales persons who from the first word basically told us they didn’t care at all about our business.

It gets worse, so with no hotel to stay at and now 11pm after sitting in the parking lot trying to reach the hotel manager by phone we were told the GM has no voice mail and cannot be reached. We were then told by the receptionist that she did in fact have a room to rent us by that she personally did not like how we had been upset and told me on the phone that she decided to not offer us a room at all and that we should stay somewhere else.

Meanwhile out in the parking lot still we decided to go back into the hotel just to see if there was possibly a mistake that they had made. Two biker guys staying at the hotel in the lobby even got aggressive with myself because I was quote “complaining and holding them up and the told to either book another room or shut up and leave. Again we were told it was our fault and that we had to deal with bookings.com because the reservation had nothing to do with the hotel, and again we asked if there was something they could do to help us out as we had no place to stay and it was now getting to be midnight...

My wife and I then decided that we were not going to deal with this rude unprofessional hotel staff and we ended up paying twice the room price quoted to us by Super 8, and we stayed at the Best Western down the street where we had to smuggle in a suit case our small bulldog in to the non-pet friendly rooms (the only reason we wanted to stay at Super 8 in the first place)

We then left our vacation early because we did not want to have to keep the dog at a non-pet friendly hotel for the week, so we returned home the next day. My wife is from Mexico and this is the first visit she has ever had to Kelowna and if it wasn't for the excellent staff at the Best Western Hotel she would have left Kelowna with an even worse impression, the truth is she and I and all of our friends, family, and co-workers will never stay at a Super 8 hotel again, and take from our experience and tell everyone that you know who might be considering this hotel, to stay far away. If you are looking for nice, energetic, friendly, professional hotel and staff to stay with, I wouldn't recommend this hotel if it were the last on earth (it’s really that bad)

And this horrible experience just kept on getting better as the next day when we got home there was a 5 min message left on our answering machine telling us that they had found our reservation, and in fact didn't know how to use their own fax machine properly, and that if we want to stay again the would offer us 20% off, I might add that 20% off hardly comes close to any kind of compensation for the way we were treated, and that the message was completely fake and came off as a complete insult to myself and family. All I asked was that the following business day the manager of the hotel give me a call so I could explain what happened (to date this has not happened and I have tried to call now over and over to reach him).

Also, if you can believe it gets worse because this hotels rooms don't look anything like the pictures online, in fact only a small amount of the hotel rooms are renovated and the rest are old and filthy, but they don't tell you that intell you get there and at that point they know there is no way for you to cancel the online reservation.

We talked to tons of local people in Kelowna about this and they all said the same thing that the Super 8 formally the Comfort Inn in West Bank is the worst hotel in town I mean when we arrived there was a guy with no shirt sleeping against the outside door with an open bottle of bourbon at his side...

Real nice Canadian place eh... P.S because we didn’t cancel the room and they found the reservation paper work the day after, we were charged full price to our Credit Card for not staying at this Super 8.

Room Tip: This hotel has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. My wife and I book two days in...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank NickBoorman85
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Well, if you are looking for a cheap place to stay this is it. Its got a terrible breakfast included, and a pool that's under renovations so there's some grime for your feet as you go from hot tub to pool. The room? Well you get what you pay for. Fraying towels, lamps that don't work, and a staff member who at 10:15pm sets off the fire alarm with burnt english muffins. Not my first choice, but overall the staff are the friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Il0veSkye
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2012

the main reasons for booking was price and comfort.
we stayed at the hotel for overnight and it exceed our expectation
it's a quiet and relatively new place reasonably priced
the only downside was the fact that restaurant on sundays opens
at 9am which is very inconvenient for people who stay over weekend and have some business to do sunday morning, so you have to skip "breakfast included" thing =o(
it's about 10km from the city center which some people may find not convenient

Room Tip: make sure you ask for the room on the side opposite to a hwy
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
The Cove Lakeside Resort
#1 of 5 in West Kelowna
Comfort Suites Kelowna
#5 of 34 in Kelowna

Been to Super 8 West Kelowna BC? Share your experiences!