“Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in West Kelowna
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights while visiting in West Kelowna. The staff was very pleasant.
Rooms were comfortable & clean, (it would've been nice to have a mini fridge). The continental breakfast was alright & it was nice to have a little coffee area with coffee & tea available.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful
rooms were clean and comfortable
rates were very affordable
we would come back again:-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Surrey, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I confirmed our attendance at a Family Birthday Party in West Kelowna for the June 21st weekend and pre-booked the Super 8 for Friday and Saturday nights on-line. Our arrival at the front counter to book in on Friday afternoon brought us up very short as the clerk announced that she was charging the two night room rate including taxes, etc. plus a $100.00 incidental charge pre-approval on our credit card. She explained that this charge was essentially a damage deposit when we questioned her further. I asked if, at 63 and 66 years of age respectively, my wife and I fit the profile of party animals who were out to destroy their room, but received only a "This is our policy" reply. I explained that if they, having already received our credit card to pay for the two night stay, couldn't trust us, then it was perfectly obvious that we couldn't trust them with a pre-approval of $100.00 on our card. Tit for tat, so to speak !! We took our leave with copious displeasure and then spent the remainder of the afternoon locating a hotel/motel with rooms available for the weekend. We were extremely pleased with our discovery of the Kelowna Suites (which I will report on separately), but have definitely written the Super 8 franchise off our list of places to stay in BC !!!

Room Tip: We did not stay at this hotel and cannot provide any tips further to our comments above.
Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, General Manager at Super 8 West Kelowna BC, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hello,

I apologize for your discomfort with the front desk. It has always been our number one priority to accommodate our guests as best as possible. With saying that it is our policy to retrieve a damage deposit as is the same with the majority if not all franchise hotels. I will be clear in the fact that it does not matter what ones age is or appearance a damage deposit must be taken. Upon check out your damage deposit is directly put back on your credit card. Feel free to call me directly so we can further discuss.
My name is Brock and I am the General Manager. My phone number is (250) 769-2355

Travellers are raving about these West Kelowna hotels

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My son and I stayed here for a couple nights recently while in Kelowna for a tournament. At the $99 per night I payed, it was nearly half the price of every other half decent hotel I could find in Kelowna's overpriced market. I'm rating this hotel a four not because I think of it as a four start hotel, but because for the price I paid I was very satisfied.

When we arrived the front desk staff was very friendly and efficient. The room was not all that large, was pretty basic, but it was clean, the air conditioning worked very well, and the beds were pretty comfortable for hotel beds. The breakfast in the morning was pretty scant, but covered the basics. The pool was small, but both the pool and the hot tub were clean. For the price I was quite pleased.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so when you're booking, if mobility is an issue ask for a ground floor roo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hotel M, General Manager at Super 8 West Kelowna BC, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. The two main components we have been focusing on is customer care and cleanliness. Our breakfast room is currently getting renovated and will be updated substantially. Waffle makers and many other breakfast favorites will be added. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Kelowna
Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
Kelowna Inn & Suites
Kelowna Inn & Suites
#17 of 34 in Kelowna

Been to Super 8 West Kelowna BC? Share your experiences!