“Just what I expected from Holiday Inn, nothing less, nothing more.”

Holiday Inn West Kelowna
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in West Kelowna
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I booked this room as a hotwire hotrate. I had to get my wife to sign the room receipt so she could be given a second key, I guess too many husbands or wifes there with someone other than their spouses LOL. The room was clean and quite large with a great view of the valley. If your coming in from the Airport or spending your time in Kelowna then it is a little out of the way, but there is lots of stores and restarants close by. We went to Summerland to the Kettle Valley railroad which was actually closer to Westbank.

My biggest disappointment was the lack of fridges in the two double bed rooms and they didn't have any they could bring to the room. The clerk did offer to move us to a king bed on the 1st floor with a fridge, but they were all ready booked. The pool was part inside and part outside with a hot tub out side, and nice little fitness room. Nothing super fancy, but a very soild property for the price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John M
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn West Kelowna

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed overnight at this hotel on my way to Seattle Washington. It was a standard Holiday Inn, clean with good staff, but it didn’t stand out in any special way. The hotel is a long way from the Kelowna airport and the downtown area, so if this is your destination I would pick the other Holiday Inn. Parking is adequate and there are a number of places to eat close to the hotel. It has an outdoor pool area. The hotel is best for people who are passing through, or are spending time in the area for site seeing, not at the beach.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Overall I liked this place. Good location for us, good service, they stored our bikes for us, nice pool. The rate was far too high for what you get but it was a long weekend so that happens.
We went for breakfast at the restaurant next door, good food and service until the end.....their debit/credit terminal was broken so we were told that we would have to pay our bill at the Front Desk of the hotel. No problem..you would think. We were informed by the restaurant staff that due to this there would not be a tip option when we went to pay our bill. We told the server that we would drop off some cash for this in a bit. She responded that she would be watching for this in a rather rude tone of voice. While checking out (with the restaurant bill in my hand) I was asked by 3 different people how I was planning on paying my breakfast bill. Did they think I was trying to skip out on them, or not pay my breakfast bill? I was standing there with my bill and credit card ready to go. It as rude, and gave me a really bad impression of the service. Our server was loitering in the area, I can only assume to ensure that our bill was paid. I really didn't need 4 people to remind me to pay my bill as I was standing there waiting to pay it. Good hotel though.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The hotel is well placed on the south end of Westbank right on 97 Hwy. It has been very well looked after and is about 12 years old. The lobby is enviting and well kept. I took a single room at $128 per night plus tax. The room itself was quite large and very pleasant. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and accomodating. Had a great stay.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dderouin
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Great place to stay. We found the Holiday Inn West Bank Kelowna to be quiet and comfortable with a good on site restaurant. We had access to luggage carts to get our luggage to and from our vehicle. There is also elevator access. They did ask for an extra $100.00 at check-in in case we ran up some additional charges. We had never experienced anything like that anywhere before. They already had our Visa number for the room reservation. Other than that we enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This hotel is well located for access from the south . Its right off Highway 97 in Westbank , well marked and easy to find . The hotel is just over 10 yrs old and in great condition .. We paid $106 plus tax for a regular room which would be one of the better values for the dollar in the Kelowna area . They have a great restaurant attached which they own and manage as well . Very nice package ,,

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We had a nice stay, but the hotel charged us twice for the stay. Once via travelocity and then again a few days after we checked out. I am sick and tired of those greed driven tactics. I would like the management to contact me directly within 2 business days, otherwise I will report a fraud to VISA. I really do not have time for this nonsense. Overall decent hotel, but do not give them your VISA card #.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MaciejG
Ryan M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Thank you for your feed back. I appreciate your taking the time to advise us of these items and apologize for the issues you may have experienced during your stay.

I take great pride in the level of service we provide to our guests and will follow up in all areas where we did not meet your expectations.

I have ensured that the issue you experienced has been resolved and we hope you will return in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Kelowna
Central City
Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
Comfort Suites Kelowna
#5 of 34 in Kelowna

Been to Holiday Inn West Kelowna? Share your experiences!