We stayed here while in town for interviews in the downtown area. Getting to said interviews (and back) during rush hour was... annoying. The single bridge connecting West Kelowna and Kelowna gets bogged down and backs up for a solid kilometre. This adds at least half an hour to your commute, if not more. Beware.
If you need to get out of town in the direction of Peachland or Merritt or Kamloops it's incredibly easy to get out of town and on to the highway.
The staff, once we got there, was really nice and helpful. Fresh water steeped with fruit and citrus sits chilled in the lobby as an added touch. Our room was good. I like having a sink outside the main bathroom door. TV was basic. The bed was comfortable.
The in-house restaurant is quite good, and again with nice staff. (Breakfast wasn't great, mind you). We recommend the Nicoise Salad and the stuffed chicken. Oddly, however, the restaurant has very limited hours. This forced us to the Boston Pizza next door, which was a big step down.
Outside the back doors of the hotel is a city park along an impressive, hidden gem of a canyon. It's worth the short walk.
Internet was good. If there are partiers in the hotel, you'll hear 'em. Otherwise, it's rather nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn West Kelowna Nestled in the heart of the Okanagan Valley in West Kelowna, this Holiday Inn hotel is a short drive from Okanagan attractions and BC's renowned wineries. Business travelers to our West Kelowna hotel enjoy the convenience of our flexible meeting facilities. Our four meeting rooms can be modified for multiple configurations, and our catering and helpful staff make Holiday Inn the perfect place for guests' meetings, seminars and celebrations. Recently renovated and re-opened, our ballroom is perfect for hosting a wedding reception or company event. Guests also benefit from close proximity to local businesses and attractions. While there is plenty to do in West Kelowna, outdoor activities are easily the most popular Okanagan attractions for visitors at our Holiday Inn hotel. For ski enthusiasts, Crystal Mountain is a scenic 30 minute drive away, and Big White Ski Resort has a shuttle that picks up guests at our door. Also within close proximity are several golf courses, Okanagan Lake and many shopping centres. Our suburban West Kelowna hotel's amenities include an indoor/outdoor saltwater swimming pool, outdoor whirlpool, fitness centre, complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access, and an on-site restaurant and lounge. Whether you are in town for the Wine Festival or business, our Holiday Inn West Kelowna hotel's friendly and helpful staff will take great care in ensuring you have a memorable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn West Kelowna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kelowna Sw-Westbank Hotel West Kelowna
- Holiday Inn Westbank
- Westbank Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn West Kelowna Canada