“World Class Facility”

US$116.10*
and up
West Kelowna Wine Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Mission Hill Family Estate, situated in the heart of British Columbia's breathtaking Okanagan Valley wine country, one of the Pacific Northwest's undiscovered gems. Making great wines and providing a special place where people can enjoy them has been my dream and my life's work. Now, it's a reality, one that my family and I want to share with everyone who visits us high atop Mission Hill. We hope you'll think of our winery as a refuge from the hurried pace of daily life. We invite you to experience the nature and art of winemaking by walking our lush on-site vineyards and visiting our underground cellars. Sample fine wines by the glass, marvel at the vista and reflect on a process that's almost as old as time itself. We look forward to welcoming you at Mission Hill Family Estate. Anthony von Mandl Proprietor
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The investment in Mission Hill Family Estate Winery has been huge and it shows. There are so many stories to tell about this complex, you'll want to take a tour for sure. The restaurant is very high end, lovely but make a reservation during peak seasons. Oh, and did I mention the wine ... I believe a small tasting fee applies.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This winery has fantastic views of the lake and surrounding area. A great place to take guests for the view and grounds. Wine tasting and food are expensive as are the wines and items in the gift shop.
A friend from the US bought me a gift certificate. The winery refused to mail the certificate to me or to the purchaser but insisted on delivering it in person. I tipped the man who delivered it only to find my friend was charged an additional $10 to have it brought to my home. This is gouging and I have since notified other friends not to buy Mission Hill gift certificates.

2  Thank Lenore495
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Food is remarkable, both for quality and high prices. One of the most unusual wineries in the Okanogan.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

When I first saw this place, I thought it was pretentious. However, after I went to Napa Valley and saw the kinds of things they were doing, I realized that it was actually a very good contribution to that way of thinking of wineries-as-destination in and of themselves. In fact, in some ways, it is much better than most of its California relatives, so to speak, because it takes advantage of its spectacular site overlooking the lake in about a 180-degree sweep--something California simply doesn't have. The architecture is severely beautiful, and the wines--while pricey--are certainly competitive on the world stage. The only criticsm I would offer is that in their efforts to seem like enlightened patrons of the arts, the owners have missed a real opportunity to do something for their country. For example, they proudly display what they call a Chagall--a tapestry executed by someone else after a Chagall design--instead of spending the same amount of money on a large-scale work by a Canadian artist like Jack Shadbolt (whose enormous Tree of Life outshines the tapestry in its location at the university on the other side of the lake) or Paterson Ewen or Jeff Wall or, for cryin' out loud, even Emily Carr or something. Evidently they hired an American art consultant, which goes a long way to explaining this oversight. If the only art, architecture, bell-casting and antiques-procuring of note are non-Canadian, which is what this estate seems to say, then perhaps the only wine worth having is non-Canadian, too. Since they obviously don't believe that or they wouldn't be in business, then why support this inadvertent insult to national excellence in other regards?

I
live 5 minutes from Mission Hill. A new guest at my house always gets the $12.00 tour. It is such a world class facility where treatment by the staff is first class, the views are superb and I have not had one guest that has not enjoyed the visit. If you get chance to meet the owner, as I have, you will gain a new respect for how it all came together.... Don't miss this opportunity.
Del