“Really beautiful and impressive”

Mission Hill Family Estate Winery
US$116.87*
and up
West Kelowna Wine Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Mission Hill Family Estate, situated in the heart of British Columbia's breathtaking Okanagan Valley wine country, one of the Pacific Northwest's undiscovered gems. Making great wines and providing a special place where people can enjoy them has been my dream and my life's work. Now, it's a reality, one that my family and I want to share with everyone who visits us high atop Mission Hill. We hope you'll think of our winery as a refuge from the hurried pace of daily life. We invite you to experience the nature and art of winemaking by walking our lush on-site vineyards and visiting our underground cellars. Sample fine wines by the glass, marvel at the vista and reflect on a process that's almost as old as time itself. We look forward to welcoming you at Mission Hill Family Estate. Anthony von Mandl Proprietor
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We visited the Mission Hill Winery in August 2013 and we were 2 adults and 2 kids.

The site is beautiful and gorgeous. The buildings are relly impressive and the view on the lake is awesome. The is one of the nicest winery in Okanagan Valley.

The wine tasting is fun and they gave sparkilng juice to the kids, which is really good. We were able to tast all the wine we wanted and the personnel is really nice and courteous. There is high quality wines but for my budget (between $15 to $35) per bottle the wines were not as good as I expected. It's not because the wines are not good, because they are really good, but according to the site's quality the wines of this bracket should be better. According to me, wines from Blasted Church or from Dirty Laundry, and for the same price bracket, are better.

There are awesome wines for the higher price bracket ($35 - $100 per bottle) and I was not able to find that quality with other wineries.

1  Thank Yannick_Rouette

Reviewed 19 December 2013

This is by far one of the best wineries within the Okanagan.
It's wine is simply delicious and the architecture rivals some of the oldest vineyard tasting rooms in Tuscany and Napa. I would highly recommend a tour where you can taste a flight of wine, tour the volcanic cellar cave - carved into the rock of an extinct volcano. You can finish off the afternoon or evening at the Terrace restaurant. It's a splurge but well worth it. In the summertime there are outdoor concerts hosted upon the terraced hill overlooking the lake.

When the Terrace restaurant is closed during the winter you can take cooking courses with Chef Matt Batey and the occasional high profile BC/Canadian chef.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

It was absolutely beautiful, the winery is nestled on top of Boucherie mountain looking across to the Kelowna side with panoramic views of the Okanagan lake. I highly suggest making this a destination on your trip not only for the views, their world class wine and tours, but also their 5 star restaurant overlooking the beauty of the Okanagan lake, and mountains.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This is a world class establishment and worth a visit. As other reviewers have stated the views are outstanding, the wine tasting nice, and the surroundings all first class. Cheers!

1  Thank Codiak!
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The investment in Mission Hill Family Estate Winery has been huge and it shows. There are so many stories to tell about this complex, you'll want to take a tour for sure. The restaurant is very high end, lovely but make a reservation during peak seasons. Oh, and did I mention the wine ... I believe a small tasting fee applies.