Open today: 11:00 - 18:00

from US$121.57
More Info
from US$113.41
More Info
All reviews mission hill terrace restaurant bell tower wine tasting world class beautiful grounds gift shop okanagan valley tasting room private tasting different wines private tour buy a bottle tasting area amazing views amazing wine overlooking the lake
Reviewed 1 week ago

Beautiful setting (doesn't nearly describe just how amazing), informative tours, great tasting bars, lovely wines (especially the upper priced selections!), and fantastic Events (summer concerts, special days).

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have had dinner at Mission Hill every June for the last 5 years. The location is just spectacular. From the second you drive up to the winery, park your car, and step onto the grounds.... it takes your breath away. As you walk through the arch, see the oak trees... everything... just stunning. The restaurant has views that are amazing and until this year ranked this restaurant in my top 5 restaurants in the world. Just this past June however... I was a little disappointed. My dish came so rare it almost stood up on my plate and I had to send it back twice. The flavour was good... but nothing to write home about. The appetizer and desserts were also just good... but not spectacular .. which is what I’ve come to expect from Mission Hill. In the past I’ve always had the food there take my breath away. I normally have no issue with the price... but this time with a more average experience - the $400 bill stung. The customer service is great, and the servers are exceptionally knowledgeable about wine and food pairing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A group of us went to Mission Hill Winery and I can't say enough about the atmosphere. I've been to a number of wineries and Mission Hill is in a class of its own! The energy at the vineyard is serene and peaceful. The views are breathtaking. The staff were very friendly (and knowledgeable) on our tour and in the store. The food was excellent and service impeccable.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There is no question that Mission Hill is a major tourist attraction in the Kelowna area, but this stunning winery still merits a visit because of its dramatic architecture, its panoramic hillside setting and its spectacular restaurant. Even those with little interest in wine itself owe themselves the chance to experience this one-of-a-kind destination. Our visit came on a lovely late summer day, but getting to the winery itself proved to be a challenge because of road construction nearby that sent us on what seemed to be a never-ending detour with minimal signage. But once we finally arrived, we found ourselves immediately enthralled by Mission Hill's prodigious gardens and stage-set design, created by Seattle architect Tom Kundig. It rivals, or even surpasses, any of the many wineries we'd visited in the Northwest and California on our past wine trail travels. If one can't take a great photo at Mission Hill, it's only because one forgot to bring a camera or a cellphone. We wandered the grounds for at least a half hour in early afternoon, mostly just murmuring a endless series of ah's. The huge gift shop was definitely worth its own visit because of its picture-perfect display of artisanal wine and food products from around the world. Then we walked up to the trademark restaurant and were able to secure a perfect table after a brief wait (we did not have reservations, which are highly recommended). A blissful late lunch, including two glasses of Mission Hill wines, rounded out a visit that would linger long in our memories, even without a formal tasting or a guided tour. This is truly a place not-to-be-missed.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Beaufitul place to visit and stroll around. Really liked the views from the hill towards the lake.
We did a tasting, but for such a big winery, I though the tasting was pricy. It felt super commercialized and the personal touch or wine enthousiasm was something I didn't feel from the staff. I'd prefer the smaller wineries that have a more "family feel". Unfortunately not a place I'd like to come back to..

Reviewed 10 October 2018

We called ahead of time to enquire as to tours of the winery. We were told 11 or 12 noon. We were asked for a credit card number to pay the visit in advance, which we refused because we planned to pay cash. We set off (we were approx 20 minutes away). We never got to the winery because of major road works. What is unfortunate is that the person on the 'phone never thought to mention the road works or give us some tip as how to get there. We went around in circles and finally gave up. It was a beautiful day so the winery would have been spectacular. We were both very disappointed, especially as in the middle of our search for a viable road, we called the winery and left a message to be called back. Nobody bothered to call us back. Very professional!!!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Wine tasting experience was great! We very much appreciated the staff. We also did a tour, and it was very interesting too. We had dinner there and the food was very good. We will definitely go back. Amazing property. Worth visiting!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Sommelier met us and escorted us through a wonderful tour and tasting. Mission Hill is one of the pinnacles of Canadian wine experiences.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Gorgeous architecture and landscaping. We did a tour and some wine tasting and really enjoyed our afternoon. Would definitely recommend visiting Mission Hill

Reviewed 4 October 2018

From the landscape, architecture, monuments, art all contributed to that old world feeling you may get from Napa. You knew when you drove through the front gate that you were going to be driving into something special. This after all isn't just a winery. If you are lucky enough to come at the right time of year they offer concerts in addition to the seasonal restaurant, wine tours/tasting and shop. I would check their website as the hours may have changed for the fall. We were lucky enough to be one of the last patrons at their restaurant before they closed for the winter. We also did a tour which was a walk through the grounds with stops along the way allowing us a tasting and pairing opportunity as well as tasting grapes right off the vine. Nick, our tour guide, did a great job answering all our questions and providing the history on this winery while not being rushed. The final stop was in a private tasting room. Here we got to samples additional wines paired with food items we would not have ever thought of such as beets dipped in coffee grinds and salt? Who knew that could taste so good. Well done Nick.
Looking forward to their next winery opening. I don't need an excuse to go back but I do need to extend our trip.