“A bit of a warning...”

Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
“A bit of a warning...”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

WARNING! My mother and I went to Princess House to get take out and was told her card was declined. The cashier then told my mother to go and get cash from an ATM. THIS IS A SCAM! We had just been to the bank before going to the restaurant so my mother knew her card was fine and was suspicious enough that we left and got our food elsewhere. The next day she went to the bank again and saw that the charge at Princess House had actually gone through. The scam is to double charge you and pocket the cash. If your card comes up as "declined" ask for a receipt and go check your bank. My mother went back to Princess House and asked for her money back from the manager and received it without issue because she had her receipt. I especially want to warn tourists because when my mother asked for her money back she was asked if she was local, which made the suspicious event even more suspicious because tourists are often targeted with these sort of scams. With that said this is not a review of Princess House food. It is entirely possible this was an issue with a member of the staff and not the restaurant itself. We've had the food there before and liked it. However, If you are looking for a Chinese food restaurant there are six others in West Kelowna so I'd suggest you either proceed with caution or look elsewhere. I hate to leave negative reviews, but this is serious enough that I feel it warrants a warning.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Jessica-Robyn W

West Kelowna, Canada
“really good”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I think the food is really great I love the food selections. I ordered to go combo once and the food was really fresh and lots to share.... I will definitely come back again.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank randy s
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

First time here. Ordered take-out and it was excellent! Everything was very fresh and tasty. They also did a good job packaging things for the drive home. We will be back for more!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Dedutchess
Princeton BC
“Very good Buffet”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The buffet was very good, we enjoyed all of it. They had quite a bit to choose from. They also had desserts , fruit , and ice cream. I will go back when in town. They also have a lot of take out orders.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Donna649
Brockville, Canada
“Very poor Chinese food”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

While not expecting gastronomic wonders I was looking forward to a good old fashioned North American style Chinese meal. Their menu had all the usual favourites but none of them were even near average in quality. Everything was super greasy and tasted re-heated. Will never return.

• Visited May 2012